Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale: Ridley Orion, Xl (60cm),carbon, full ultegra

Options
  • 24-03-2021 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Before I stick this on adverts advertised as a fast bike with lots of gears.... I thought I'd try a proper add here with a bit more detail.

Firstly this is a big bike. 60cm down and top tubes. Depending on your torso, arms, legs etc, I'd say definitely over 6 foot minimum. I'd say 6 foot 2 to 6 foot 4 sort of thing possibly.

I bought this new in cycle super store, I can't remember exactly when but it was 2009/2010/2011. I think 2010.

It had never been crashed or even dropped. It has spent most of its life in storage. Its on the original chainrings and they look good.

It's ultegra 6700, 10 speed. In really great condition.

I recently (like 200kms ago maybe) replaced the cables, inner and outer, and new chain, done in a bike shop.

The bike came with Ridley own brand brake calipers which aren't great, so I swapped them for ultegra, I have the originals.

I swapped out the original Ridley (4za) seat post and bars for matching FSA k force carbon, did this about a year ago, cost around 300 euro just for the parts. Bar tape dates from then and is in very good condition.

A few weeks ago I installed a new dura ace bottom bracket.

Equally maybe a month ago I put a new deda 110mm stem on it, I'm not as flexible as I used to be. Can swap this out for I think a 120 or 130 I have (the original one).

The bike hasn't been on these wheels in a long time (see separate add). I will stick a cassette on. I am keeping the saddle if this sells, so have another one I can stick on. Also prefer to keep the pedals but not a big deal, shimano spd.

Not sure what else is relevant? Really nice bike, running perfectly, well looked after.

Having spent a while on adverts looking at what's on there and the sale agreed prices, I feel 600 euro is a fair asking price

Comments

Advertisement