Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 800 Mac incompatibility

Options
  • 24-03-2021 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

I have an old Garmin edge 800 as a backup Unit. Works fine just old ie no bluetooth etc. Problem is when I plug into my new laptop it doesn’t recognise it. Done all usual stuff reinstall Garmin express etc. Running latest mac OS. Any ideas or workaround.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Change cable, a cable can charge but not provide USB data pins, that'd be my first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭benneca1

Tried that not cable issue as will sync with old Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I used my 800 with a Mac with no issues until my Mac got so old it is now next to useless (the Mac not the 800)
    Do you have a windows computer you could try? My 800 had corrosion on the pins which would let it charge but not pass data. I had to disassemble it and clean the back of the pins with a fine scriber (a pin).
    I found YouTube had good videos on how to do this, all you need is a star driver small enough for the screws and a steady hand

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭benneca1

Works fine on old mac so is not a cable issue
    Thanks

Advertisement