Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

105 Disc pads K03s

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 juicer

I think you need something like this: https://www.bike24.com/p2303939.html

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Yes they should work. Would reccomend finned pads though as they supposedly mean better heat dissapation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Tony04 wrote: »
    Yes they should work. Would reccomend finned pads though as they supposedly mean better heat dissapation

yeah - I ordered a pair anyway - I dont think I need them yet, but with shortages etc handy, but I did notice mine came with finned on them.

Seems to be a bit of debate whether or not its any use (I suspect not in Ireland - no long downhills like with Spain/Italy etc) - but no doubt I will but them anyway! :D

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Ensure you read the writing on the disc itself, mine says ”resin pads only” ensure you don't buy the other two types (whose name disappears from my brain) (metal and something)

sintered, organic/resin and semi-metal

• Advertisement

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Ensure you read the writing on the disc itself, mine says ”resin pads only” ensure you don't buy the other two types (whose name disappears from my brain) (metal and something)

Sintered?

That YouTube link I posted got me the basics at least!
    Rims are say easier..!

sintered, organic/resin and semi-metal

Posting at sane time, but yeah - that!

km991148 wrote: »
    Sintered?

That YouTube link I posted got me the basics at least!
    Rims are say easier..!

Pad of choice on motor bikes for racing I believe.

Pad of choice on motor bikes for racing I believe.

Apparently can wear the rotors down more (makes sense) but I wonder by how much?

How many pad changes per rotor does the average resin/compound last (I guess it depends on if you live in Wicklow Vs north county Dublin)?

Should have stuck with rims.. too lazy to learn new skills and patterns lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Tony04 wrote: »

I don't think this is an issue in Irish weather on the road, just an opinion but I just ca''t see the benefit for double the price.

• Advertisement

What about the sintered tho? If I follow the theory correctly, they would be better in winter/ wet, but how bad is that rotor wear (I guess its not that bad..)

Advertisement