Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long "shaded" patch

Options
  • 23-03-2021 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi green fingered experts!

Complete newbie here regards flowers etc. Have a raised bed that gets full sun (when sun comes out) and plan to have plenty of summer flowers in it come may. Have sweet peas and some other seedlings in the shed and they are coming along well. Will transplant outside in a few weeks. Gladiola bulbs already in the soil and some nice rosemary snips that have really come on aswell in same bed.

I have a 1 metre x 10metre section of garden in between wall and path that gets no sun, but almost gets the sun on a daily basis, I guess indirect sun? Was gonna go with a shaded flower mix but would I be wasting my time? It's not shade as I said but not sun either.

Happy to hear suggestions etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Maybe go for some shrubs. Azalea, Hosta, flame of the forest.....lots of ericaceous soil needed. Maybe a Hydrangea plant.

I have these in a north facing section of my garden...all thriving.

Advertisement