Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Seat Compatibility

Options
  • 23-03-2021 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to buy a bike that is compatible with a child seat. The current child seat that I have is the Hamax Caress (it was given to me from my brother). I only have a carbon road bike which I know won't be compatible and I've only ever done road biking.

I was thinking of purchasing the following bike which I can get 2nd hand but I am not 100% sure whether it would take a child seat. Also, thinking about getting the Thule Yetti mini front seat.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

NGI1-Nm-U5-YTlm-YTE2-Mz-Y0-OWRj-MDIy-ZGEx-Nj-Ez-YTRm-ZGb-Nb-NLu0dcx-MKWLsm-Wl-VF1a-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

Njky-ZWE2-Mzc2-Ym-My-ZDFj-NTkx-ZTE2-N2-E2-ZDZl-YTQ1-OTnhe-Xde-Owhp-Fp-RBvx-Ko-Yma-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

YTQ0-Nm-Y4-ODhh-YTZi-Mj-Vk-Yj-Q2-Nm-Rk-Nz-Zl-YTAz-OWI0-ZTf3p-V3rw4xm-5k-Qm73-Oo-D8-Na-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Are you planning to carry two kids at the same time on this bike?

Thule Yepp Nexxt Mini with the adapter(Thule Yepp Mini Ahead
    Adapter) should work on this type of bike

https://cdn1.static-tgdp.com/assetloader.axd?pimid=12020113&id=595982&brand=Thule&market=IE&att=1

Might not get same longevity though with the child seat on this type of bike v's a Dutch Style handlebar as the child gets taller. Clearance of the knees with the Handlerbar - probably only months in the difference though.

Dont have any knowledge of the Hamax Caress, should be compatible.
    Do you have the spec for the exact one you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

what_traffic is right. Yepp Mini or Yepp Mini Nexxt with the mountain bike Mini Ahead Adaptor will work. just set this up on my own mountain bike (Merida Big Trail). and when the kid has grown out of the Yepp mini should be about old enough to move onto one of those little seats that clip onto the cross bar.
    I think all the rear seats that clip onto the seat post should be compatible with everything. bring the seat with you when checking out that 2nd hand bike to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fernagx

Thank you.

No no - we only have the one!

I'm just open to buying a front child seat if required.

Here are the specs of the Hamax Carex
    https://www.hamax.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/User-Manual-Caress-Carrier-Bow.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Fernagx wrote: »
    Thank you.

No no - we only have the one!

Here are the specs of the Hamax Carex
    https://www.hamax.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/User-Manual-Caress-Carrier-Bow.pdf

For now! Might be challenging on this type of bike to be carrying two.
    I have started carrying two last no of weeks, one up front and the back - bike is a Workcycles FR8 so can take the weight.
    Only tip I would have
    Get a double kickstand - makes life so much easier getting the child setup in the seat(front or the back).

That Hamax would fit nearly anything.

Advertisement