Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gate-sim card programming in numbers

Options
  • 23-03-2021 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

We have recently purchased a house with an electric gate.
    The previous owners have left the sim card in the gate but have not given our numbers access to the gate. We know the number of the gate but it won't open because our numbers aren't on the list of approved numbers.
    Any ideas how I can access the system to put our numbers on the list and take the previous owner off? Is there a special app or something or do I need to get a new sim card?
    Owner said they would sort it but we are over a week in now and still hasn't sorted it so would rather try to sort it myself.

Comments

The ones I have seen program via text.
    You should find the control box and take a look.
    Familiarize yourself with the manual override too and make sure you have a key !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

I suppose it depends on the operating system running the gsm dialler. This is how it would work for the gate at our work:

Text the following message to your gate AC+35387NNNNNNN

NNNNNN being your mobile number. AC stands for "Add Number with confirmation". If the system texts you back then you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,538 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

youtheman wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on the operating system running the gsm dialler. This is how it would work for the gate at our work:

Text the following message to your gate AC+35387NNNNNNN

NNNNNN being your mobile number. AC stands for "Add Number with confirmation". If the system texts you back then you're in.

Would it not require the text to be coming from a previously approved number? Security is wide open if anyone can access with a text message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

Would it not require the text to be coming from a previously approved number? Security is wide open if anyone can access with a text message.

I suspect it would. But no harm in trying. Also need confirmation if the SIM card is 'pay as you go' or 'bill pay'. If it is 'pay as you' go then the account will eventually be disabled as none of the credit will be used up. Only was out of that is to send a command to the gsm dialler that forces it to text you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I used to add them for an apartment complex and it was done by going to a website. I’d say you need to get some info from the past owners on who installed it as I assume the SIM card will need a bill paid. Personally I’d get rid of the phone and use a remote fob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

We have recently purchased a house with an electric gate.
    The previous owners have left the sim card in the gate but have not given our numbers access to the gate. We know the number of the gate but it won't open because our numbers aren't on the list of approved numbers.
    Any ideas how I can access the system to put our numbers on the list and take the previous owner off? Is there a special app or something or do I need to get a new sim card?
    Owner said they would sort it but we are over a week in now and still hasn't sorted it so would rather try to sort it myself.

You could open up the control box at the gate and find out what GSM dialler is installed. Then download the instruction manual and you should be able to put in your own Pay as you go Sim and program it to suit.

salmocab wrote: »
    Personally I’d get rid of the phone and use a remote fob.

I'd agree with above.
    A modded sonoff with google home is a cheap add on too.
    If you have android auto you can say "hay google ,open the gate".
    I have it done that way and its very useful for deliveries .

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Depending of unit, have you any photo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

what make model is the GSM gate opener, it will all depend on the model how to program it,

send on a few pics

Advertisement