Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Meter and Brexit

Options
  • 23-03-2021 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, hoping someone here might have recent experience as I've searched revenue site and can't find anything clear.

My Stages Power Meter is dead and out of warranty. Distributor in UK can offer me replacement at discount. Sounds like the power meter will be subject to customs and import duties but after spending some time searching, I can't find what Taric code these would fall under.

Has anyone on here ordered a power meter or similar from UK since Brexit and been charged duties at the door and if so how much would I be looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

I imagine the paperwork will say 'replacement' and cost as '0', so there shouldn't be any duties do. I don't know anything Taric code however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

TGD wrote: »
    I imagine the paperwork will say 'replacement' and cost as '0', so there shouldn't be any duties do. I don't know anything Taric code however.

Unfortunately it's not a direct free replacement as its out of warranty. Still gonna cost me 300 euro or so for replacement with the discount they are offering but I'm wondering what charges might be on top of that as they could well negate any discount they give

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

VAT @ 23% and customs @ minimum 10% I understand

No chance somebody might bring it back for you? Lads going to/from in vans all the time. Stick it it he glove box etc.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    VAT @ 23% and customs @ minimum 10% I understand

No chance somebody might bring it back for you? Lads going to/from in vans all the time. Stick it it he glove box etc.

Thanks I was thinking something along those lines. Their offering me a 30% discount so that VAT and customs will more than wipe that out.

Quick update on this in case anyone finds themselves in the same situation and comes across the thread. The price Stages were quoting me for replacement Power Meter was including UK VAT. They took the VAT off and told me import duties are 4.7% plus the VAT so I went ahead with the replacement.

Power Meter arrived yesterday and no VAT or import duties were added so I got replacement Ultegra PM for around 250 euro, happy enough with that. Maybe I got lucky with customs, it was marked as a repair so perhaps that was what got it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Nice result!

Advertisement