Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Mobility Lists and movements

• 23-03-2021 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 14 Kitty2011

Hi,

I'm eligible for mobility and just wondering has anyone been transferred during 2020/2021 on mobility. I'm looking to move to Tipperary Town and high up on some lists but just wondering has anyone been offered a move recently or have people been waiting for ages on these lists.

This would be my first mobility move so just curious on how long it might take. I'm no 1 for Vetting in Tipperary Town and in the 20's for Dep Justice and Agri.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭ whampiri

Kitty2011 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm eligible for mobility and just wondering has anyone been transferred during 2020/2021 on mobility. I'm looking to move to Tipperary Town and high up on some lists but just wondering has anyone been offered a move recently or have people been waiting for ages on these lists.

This would be my first mobility move so just curious on how long it might take. I'm no 1 for Vetting in Tipperary Town and in the 20's for Dep Justice and Agri.

Thanks

This is a case of how long is a piece of string. If your current dept can leave you go and there's a vacancy in Tip, then you'll be called fast. If not, you could be sitting on the list for years. I'm familiar with ppl waiting 12+ years to get a move. The easiest (not easy) way of moving us to apply for competitions in the locale that you want. In some cases it might be worth dropping a grade EO to CO, if you really want to work in an area for personal reasons etc. After all, if a promotion does come up for EO in the area in the future, you'll have experience and should have an advantage over others going for the same role.

Advertisement