Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS - Giant Defy 2

Options
  • 22-03-2021 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Giant Defy 2 for sale.

See link for specs:
    https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/defy-2-2016

Bike size: Large. I'm 6'2 and had no problems with the bike size.
    It was last used at the start of lockdown last summer - when it was used it on the turbo a couple of times. Other than that it has been in the shed unused since July 2019. I've two newer bikes which I use these days. I was keeping this bike as a back up but it is not getting any use so looking to move it on to free up some space.
    It is in decent condition - the usual wear and tear from a bike that got a lot of use. It could do with a servicing I'm sure as sitting stationary for so long can't be too good for it.
    Asking price of €200. This is a low asking price compared to similar bikes on Adverts.
    Located in Wicklow. Bike to be collected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Offer asking price pending additional details.

Cheers,
    Nicholas

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

Hi Nicholas - will send PM now.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭ricardospeedo

offer asking if the sale falls through

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll take my place in the queue if the two above fall through.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

Wow that's a smokin' deal for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That must be the bargain of the year particularly in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭ARX

I guess this means my 2010 Defy 2 with a cracked frame is worth less than €200!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

ARX wrote: »
    I guess this means my 2010 Defy 2 with a cracked frame is worth less than €200!

That'll be worth the groupset/wheels alone which depending on what it is would be more than €200, keep in mind this one is ridiculously cheap. There's no value in an old cracked frame unless it were something of considerable value beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You can enjoy your new vintage bikes instead ARX :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭ARX

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That'll be worth the groupset/wheels alone which depending on what it is would be more than €200, keep in mind this one is ridiculously cheap. There's no value in an old cracked frame unless it were something of considerable value beforehand.

Yeah, I'm planning to move the parts over to a Wiggle/CRC Brand-X RD-01 (will post a thread when it's done). I might keep the old frame for a turbo bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement