Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Truck rental

Options
  • 22-03-2021 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Hi, if not relevant here mods may move my to pick to appropriate forum.

Someone would advice truck rental company reasonably priced, need light truck(25 quibic m.) with lift platform for driving with B license for two days as need move home. Also would take insurance.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

DIY -> Motors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Mar4ix wrote: »
    Hi, if not relevant here mods may move my to pick to appropriate forum.

Someone would advice truck rental company reasonably priced, need light truck(25 quibic m.) with lift platform for driving with B license for two days as need move home. Also would take insurance.

Thanks.

Found this on Google. I wish I knew about the option when we moved house, as I took a regular van from Enterprise and did the lifting myself with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Vanrentals.ie have the exact truck you want with a tail lift. They do insurance and the whole shebang. Behind the Red Cow. Good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Vanrentals.ie have the exact truck you want with a tail lift. They do insurance and the whole shebang. Behind the Red Cow. Good to deal with.

I had them on phone, booked out till Thursday..

Appearantly it's not easy just click and rent....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

They are busy, you'd want more than a days notice for hire alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Maybe this might be of use. Not sure how easy it is to click and rent.

https://www.nationaltruckrental.com/truck-van-rental-vehicles/mini-mover

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

but you can't drive a truck with a B licence?

lwb van is the biggest you can go

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

fryup wrote: »
    but you can't drive a truck with a B licence?

lwb van is the biggest you can go

You can drive the likes of a box truck as long as the GVW is under 3500kg.

Payload isn’t huge though especially if there’s a tail lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Wee little trucks are alright, like below

A rule of thumb I heard before was if there is a single wheel at back its likely a B licence, if double wheels requires a C.
    So you will see van with double wheel at back and they are rated above the 3500kg so actually require a C, even though not actually any bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well begob! you learn something new everyday

*but personally speaking i wouldn't call them trucks, box vans but not trucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭soundman45

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Wee little trucks are alright, like below

A rule of thumb I heard before was if there is a single wheel at back its likely a B licence, if double wheels requires a C.
    So you will see van with double wheel at back and they are rated above the 3500kg so actually require a C, even though not actually any bigger.

Not true, several double wheel box vans are only 3.5 ton rated and are driven on standard B licence, some Mitsubishi Canter box bodies are 3.5 ton rated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Thanks folks. Got it sorted. ðŸ‘

Advertisement