Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power shower - Aqualisa or Triton ?

Options
  • 21-03-2021 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭

I am going to get a power shower installed. I know there is a considerable price difference between the Triton and the Aqualisa Aquastream. But otherwise what are the opinions?

Reliability, performance, servicing, etc ?

I think I saw a suggestion recently that Aqualisa were considering discontinuing the Aquastream range. Might there be a difficulty with replacement down the line ? I suspect that Triton will always be around in the power shower marketplace in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

I have an aquastream and I’m very happy with it. The performance is well ahead of the Triton, but as you say it’s considerably more expensive. In terms of reliability, the aquastream may have the edge but it’s still going to need pumps etc. replaced over time. It is quite modular, and easy to replace components.

Aqualisa have a huge installation base in the uk - I would be very surprised if availability of parts were an issue. But again they are not cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭1641

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    I have an aquastream and I’m very happy with it. The performance is well ahead of the Triton, but as you say it’s considerably more expensive. In terms of reliability, the aquastream may have the edge but it’s still going to need pumps etc. replaced over time. It is quite modular, and easy to replace components.

Aqualisa have a huge installation base in the uk - I would be very surprised if availability of parts were an issue. But again they are not cheap!

I have had two Aquastreams over many years and very happy with them performance-wise. I also liked that they ran from a 12v transformer. I had some issue with installation the last time as the plumber had never encountered one and made a bit of a bags initially. Where I am living now they are not stocked locally and generally it is mostly Miras and some Tritons.

I had heard that the new Triton Novel SR was an improvement and wondered if it might be at least near enough comparable to the Aquastream. If so, it might be a safer bet re installation and servicing?

Also, easier if a replacement was ever required, as apparently Aqualisa were going to decommission the Aquastream last year but cancelled (or deferred?) this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Yes it’s a 24v system I think which is a nice addition.

The Triton is half the price, and I’d say it’s not a bad machine.

The aquastream is easy to swop parts in, and you can still get them for the the pre 2003 earlier aquastream so I wouldn’t let that sway you terribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't believe they will discontinue the Aquastream. Its their biggest selling shower here and in the UK. The current model, the Mk3 is almost 20 years old now so I would be expecting a more modern version to be launched in the next year or two

The Aqualisa Aquastream is way over priced for what it is. The main difference is it can put out 18 litres of water per minute. Triton Novel & Mira Vigour are 14 litres of water per minute. I honestly don't believe the Aqualisa Aquastream is worth more than 400 euro. Its not worth the premium price.

We get a higher failure rate in the first two years than the Mira Vigour or the Triton Novel SR. Outside of the warranty repairs cost between 145 and 320 euro.

Value for money and quality wise the Triton Novel is the best option. It's also the only silent power shower on the market

If you don't mind spending the extra money on the Aqualisa Aquastream then I'd suggest not spending it on the Aquastream. For that type of money there are far better options. For example you can get a bar mixer with a diverter that switches from regular shower head to a rain head. Then install a dedicated 3 bar pump in the hot press. You will have a more reliable shower, more powerful and a longer life span with cheaper repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭1641

Thanks Sleeper. I think I will go with the Triton.

• Advertisement
Advertisement