Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD: Carbon Bike (or Frameset) to suit 5'11" - 6'0"

Options
  • 21-03-2021 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has anything hanging in the shed gathering dust or has spotted a bargain on donedeal?

Need to be entry level carbon, say under €800 for bike or under €300 for frameset.

TIA, Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Just wondering if anyone has anything hanging in the shed gathering dust or has spotted a bargain on donedeal?

Need to be entry level carbon, say under €800 for bike or under €300 for frameset.

TIA, Paul

Hi Paul,
    I have a full carbon Focus Cayo with Shimano 105 11 speed groupset. Size medium (which may work, depending on your preference with regards to geometry)
    Looking for €1k minimum for full bike but I could do it without wheels for 800 if interested
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Hi Paul,
    I have a full carbon Focus Cayo with Shimano 105 11 speed groupset. Size medium (which may work, depending on your preference with regards to geometry)
    Looking for €1k minimum for full bike but I could do it without wheels for 800 if interested
    Cheers

Thanks for the offer. I think It'd probably work out too expensive but I'll keep it in mind. What year is it? Is it full 105 (i.e. cranks and brakes)? I assume 5800, not R7000? What sort of condition is it in? Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Thanks for the offer. I think It'd probably work out too expensive but I'll keep it in mind. What year is it? Is it full 105 (i.e. cranks and brakes)? I assume 5800, not R7000? What sort of condition is it in? Thanks again.

Here is a link to the ad on DD: https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27572132

All info on there. Excellent condition and it’s a mix of 5800 and R7000

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The trouble with that is you probably need to convert it to 11spd to sit harmoniously in a modern stable and straight away you're probably into it for another 300-350 after purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

MojoMaker wrote: »
    The trouble with that is you probably need to convert it to 11spd to sit harmoniously in a modern stable and straight away you're probably into it for another 300-350 after purchase.

Personally I don't find that an issue at all. I've always had a mix of 10 and 11 speed and it's never been an issue because I've never switched wheels or bits from one bike to another. I don't put my training wheels on my good bike and I don't put my good wheels on my training bike, and I'm never going to. 10 and 11 speed isn't an issue with cassettes cos they' fully compatible, just a matter of a spacer or not, and what else do you need to be compatible- unless all my bikes were completely identical I'd never swop like a dura ace lever from one bike with an ultegra from another or whatever? Our stable at home, between the mrs and myself consists of 4x 11 speed bikes and two ten speed, and my "goodest" bike is actually 10 speed. :).

12 speed is a bigger band-aid to tear off I think because there's no compatibility, but as I said in practice I have virtually never found myself swopping wheels over from bike to bike anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You're not about to offer Paul a 10spd bike are you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

MojoMaker wrote: »
    You're not about to offer Paul a 10spd bike are you? :pac:

You're still pi$$Ed at passing up on not one but TWO (10sp) Cervelo R5's!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

mfceiling wrote: »

It's SOLD. 10 speed or not! Nice Fulcrum 3's on it too.

Advertisement