Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henley Kells 6kw fire bricks removal

Options
  • 21-03-2021 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have a Henley Kells 6kw stove. Fire bricks are not the traditional clay ones, they are cast iron. A lot of soot has fallen behind the rear brick but the problem is I can't seem to remove it. It won't budge at all.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Can't be 100% sure because I don't know that particular stove but noramally you can't get the side baffles out until you have taken the top baffle out. The top one normally acts to lock the sides in place.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Can't be 100% sure because I don't know that particular stove but noramally you can't get the side baffles out until you have taken the top baffle out. The top one normally acts to lock the sides in place.

Hi, I've removed the top baffle no problem but the rear and side cast iron parts remain locked in place.

I can remember taking apart a very similar Chinese stove to move it. If I'd known how tight everything was I wouldn't have!

If you can't vac it out and can put up with the mess use an air line to blow it out (dust everywhere!).

I can remember taking apart a very similar Chinese stove to move it. If I'd known how tight everything was I wouldn't have!

If you can't vac it out and can put up with the mess use an air line to blow it out (dust everywhere!).

Eek, I was afraid that would be the case. Bizarre that they can't be removed.

Might be worth asking Henley if there is a parts diagram for that stove?

• Advertisement

Might be worth asking Henley if there is a parts diagram for that stove?

I have the drawing here but not much info.

The parts diagrams tend to give you an exploded view. They aren't meant to show you how to take them apart but they should show how each piece is connected to the next.

The parts diagrams tend to give you an exploded view. They aren't meant to show you how to take them apart but they should show how each piece is connected to the next.

Doesn't seem to be available online but I'll get in touch with them and see if I can get it. Its does appear though that they are not movable. Strange. Thanks for your help.

K.C wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be available online but I'll get in touch with them and see if I can get it. Its does appear though that they are not movable. Strange. Thanks for your help.

I couldn't find one - first thing I looked for. Couldn't even find a fire with a similar construction. Have you looked underneath for bolts?

I couldn't find one - first thing I looked for. Couldn't even find a fire with a similar construction. Have you looked underneath for bolts?

There are 2 bolts at the front where the ash pan goes but I was reluctant to remove them in case I interferes with the grate controller. I might tackle it when the weather gets a bit better and the stove isnt needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement