Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night genealogy

Options
  • 21-03-2021 12:40am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Third night in a row sitting up working on my own genealogy when I should have gone to bed.

I've added about 100 people to my tree this week via a couple of newly resolved DNA matches.

Tree now stands at 3333 people, which pleases me.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Third night in a row sitting up working on my own genealogy when I should have gone to bed.

I've added about 100 people to my tree this week via a couple of newly resolved DNA matches.

Tree now stands at 3333 people, which pleases me.

Pinky, you call 23:40 late? Some nights I've seen dawn!! :o I'm getting too old for this lark!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I don't really but the other 2 nights were more like 2am. I've only just sat down at the computer half an hour ago.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I'm getting weary of searching for granny. One day I expect she'll turn up but I may have joined her by then, on a cloud, sporting a pair of wings!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

.......One day I expect she'll turn up but I may have joined her by then, on a cloud, sporting a pair of wings!
    Once they are not singed/blackened you'll both be ok!:D

Mick Tator wrote: »
    Once they are not singed/blackened you'll both be ok!:D

Emmmm, we'll have to wait and see! Good luck with your research Pinky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I used to really like late night research but SAD has knocked that on the head to some extent. Now I find the mornings are when I’m most productive.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I admit I'm thinking of tapping out due to tiredness, but I did just get some goodies by email from a friend to assist which might keep me up longer.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Fantastic would love to expand my tree but the records are just useless.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

What exactly do you mean when you say the records are useless?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I'm getting weary of searching for granny. One day I expect she'll turn up but I may have joined her by then, on a cloud, sporting a pair of wings!

I know that feeling, I was struggling with finding my Gran on my mothers side, knew her maiden name and married name but couldn't find much to conclusively ID her on records online.

But I then got hold of my mothers birth cert and lo and behold it was like a thread being pulled and a whole section of family history fell out

She'd married, widowed and remarried in a space of 4 years, once I had the sequence of Maiden name,Widowed Name and new Married name it was fairly easy going

• Advertisement

Spook_ie wrote: »
    I know that feeling, I was struggling with finding my Gran on my mothers side, knew her maiden name and married name but couldn't find much to conclusively ID her on records online.

But I then got hold of my mothers birth cert and lo and behold it was like a thread being pulled and a whole section of family history fell out

She'd married, widowed and remarried in a space of 4 years, once I had the sequence of Maiden name,Widowed Name and new Married name it was fairly easy going

My problem is that second married name. Nobody in the family knows it!

Advertisement