Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen tap flow

Options
  • 20-03-2021 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi there. Have a carron mixer tap in kitchen the flow on the hot tap side has become very slow for no apparent reason. To almost a trickle...was never like that previously.

Hot tap in bathroom.upstairs is strong.

When I remove the connection under the sink the flow seems good and strong but once connect to the mixer kitchen sink tap it becomes very weak again.

What is best to check ?

I have tried to block and turn on cold to put back up the mixer tap.

Tried turning off flow at hot water cylinder and opening tap I. Kitchen and then opening the flow again to no avail.

https://www.carron.com/product/averon/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

I had a similar problem and turned out to be some gunk clogged up behind the aerator. Unscrewed the aerator, removed gunk and pressure back to what it was before - worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Have you unscrewed the hot side of the tap and cleaned the mechanism? There might be a bit of dirt, plastic etc caught up in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BaronyOfIda

Carron describe the Averon as a 'Medium-pressure 0.5 - 1.2 bar' tap so it could be down to your hot water pressure not being enough for this tap. Do all the trouble-shooting as previously recommended and if flow still the same, you might need to install a pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

How do you measure the water pressure? Will be installing a new kitchen in an extension and we've similar problems with the existing mixer taps, both bathroom and kitchen. I was hoping to get something like this with a high tap for filling large pots etc. I live in a hard water area and was wondering if the poor pressure is limescale / gunk build up as it wasn't always this bad. I guess a plumber would have to assess all that before we upgrade the plumbing. Hope we can get something like it tho.

Advertisement