Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Paddy Power suspending promotions from my account

  • 19-03-2021 8:06pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 8 Perzival


    Has anyone ever had Paddy Power block their account from betting on promotions e.g. their max €20 power prices? I received an email from them saying that their trading department review accounts regularly and they’re sorry to say that they can no longer offer me such promotions, from here on. So I can only stake tiny amounts, usually around €0.23, on those types of bets anymore.

    I know that it’s in their terms and conditions to remove these types of promotions from people for any reason but I find it strange as I don’t tend to avail of the offers very often, and I certainly am not making significant profits or anything like that. I did contact their chat and they didn’t really explain anything but just said it’s due to internal cost control. None of my friends had this action taken against them and they would be more frequent users of promotional bets so just seems so strange to me.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ Augme


    Gambling firms don't like you winning money. Chances are you've won on a few of these promotions and now they decided you won't be allowed win anymore.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Perzival


    Augme wrote: »
    Gambling firms don't like you winning money. Chances are you've won on a few of these promotions and now they decided you won't be allowed win anymore.

    Yes this was my first thought and I’ve heard of successful accounts getting limited or banned but we would be talking peanuts here and I do bet on other, non promotional bets, and lose. So I feel I’m probably not a loss maker for them overall. I also tend to extract any winnings almost immediately and not gamble again for weeks, this could be a pattern that they watch and don’t like.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭ del roy


    Perzival wrote: »
    Yes this was my first thought and I’ve heard of successful accounts getting limited or banned but we would be talking peanuts here and I do bet on other, non promotional bets, and lose. So I feel I’m probably not a loss maker for them overall. I also tend to extract any winnings almost immediately and not gamble again for weeks, this could be a pattern that they watch and don’t like.


    if you ain't gonna lose regularly they won't want your business does not matter that you are only winning peanut, your problem is


    YOU ARE NOT LOSING.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭ okidoki987


    Perzival wrote: »
    I also tend to extract any winnings almost immediately and not gamble again for weeks.

    I'd say you've nailed it with this observation.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Perzival


    I would assume I am goosed here, they are never going to lift my restrictions. I guess they want me to close the account, which I probably will do now. So their system works!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭ 6


    Close your account.

    Open an exchange account. That won't be shut if you are consistently winning and withdrawing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭ spurshero


    I honestly think there should be a law against them closing winning accounts . It’s so wrong . They have taken a house of many a degenerate gambler no questions asked. They really are scum


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭ okidoki987


    spurshero wrote: »
    I honestly think there should be a law against them closing winning accounts .

    We don't even have a regulator here so no chance of that anytime soon.
    It's a business for them and if they don't like your business, they can do what they like.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭ okidoki987


    6 wrote: »
    Close your account.

    Yep.
    Open an exchange account. That won't be shut if you are consistently winning and withdrawing.

    Only way forward unless you are doing doubles, trebles etc then you run into problems.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭ Bambaata


    Been limited with them recently too, have only taken them for about 400 whereas im 2.5k up with B365! B365 seem to be the only ones who will let you get a good wedge before closing you down. Ive gone through 3 Skybet, 2 WillHill, 2 BetVictor, 1 Unibet, 1 Mr Green, 1 10Bet and now 1 Paddy account.

    What does it with each bookie remains a question, most often its getting too many value bets on, ie bets that the bookie has priced wrong. That and betting on the same bet as hundreds of others at the same time. Frequent withdrawals is another one it seems but at the end of the day if you're winning with them, they will close you down. There also seems a common thread with certai sports and certain bookies, im almost certain Sky done me from cricket, Will Hill for card betting for example.

    Nothing much you can do about it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭ okidoki987


    Bambaata wrote: »
    Been limited with them recently too, have only taken them for about 400 whereas im 2.5k up with B365! B365 seem to be the only ones who will let you get a good wedge before closing you down. Ive gone through 3 Skybet, 2 WillHill, 2 BetVictor, 1 Unibet, 1 Mr Green, 1 10Bet and now 1 Paddy account.

    What does it with each bookie remains a question, most often its getting too many value bets on, ie bets that the bookie has priced wrong. That and betting on the same bet as hundreds of others at the same time. Frequent withdrawals is another one it seems but at the end of the day if you're winning with them, they will close you down. There also seems a common thread with certai sports and certain bookies, im almost certain Sky done me from cricket, Will Hill for card betting for example.

    Nothing much you can do about it.

    Nope.
    One problem is with all the mergers going on, there won't be many alternatives around in the future.
    I wouldn't be a fan of some of the "new" bookies starting up for various reasons.
    Heard some stories about a couple of them which may or may not be true but if they're not around a long time, they won't be getting my money.
    A lot of the new account opening offers are poor compared to previous industry offers as well.

    Most bookies now are pricing up Shots on Target.
    If you want to see some massively different prices, have a look at Boyles prices on a match and compare them to others especially SkyBet prices! ;).


  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ athlone573


    I'd say it's a blessing in disguise, just move over to the exchange or bet365 for better odds

    Don't close your paddy account completely though or they might block you from using their exchange site.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭ okidoki987


    athlone573 wrote: »
    Don't close your paddy account completely though or they might block you from using their exchange site.

    They won't block you from the exchange, it's a totally different account.


  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ athlone573


    okidoki987 wrote: »
    They won't block you from the exchange, it's a totally different account.

    Sorry I wasn't very clear... If you self exclude they'll apply that over all group accounts... No biggie just leave it with a nil balance.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,582 ✭✭✭✭ BorneTobyWilde


    spurshero wrote: »
    I honestly think there should be a law against them closing winning accounts . It’s so wrong . They have taken a house of many a degenerate gambler no questions asked. They really are scum


    For sure. How on earth is a company allowed to take take take from customers, and supply zero, and if you do take from them, they ban you.


    It's like going into a supermarket and giving them 200, and then get pushed out the door with nothing.
    How is it legal. Makes no sense.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,582 ✭✭✭✭ BorneTobyWilde


    Best gamble with them is their share price.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭ okidoki987


    Best gamble with them is their share price.

    Very true.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭ piplip87


    Been banned from Casino promotions with them and Betfair. Last Cheltenham BF gave me a free Ruby Walsh scratch card and I won 100 quid on it, won 50 quid once on some free spins and they stopped me getting promotions.

    Ladcrookes suspended my account last Christmas after maybe 10 winners over two days.

    To be honest I like nothing more than going down to the shop and putting bets on in there. Sooner restrictions lift the better


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭ okidoki987


    athlone573 wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't very clear... If you self exclude they'll apply that over all group accounts... No biggie just leave it with a nil balance.

    Self excluding is where you ask the bookie to stop taking your bets and would apply to all accounts but that's totally different to a bookie stopping you getting any bets on which is what the OP was talking about.
    Would agree with leaving a nil balance and not using it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭ Widdensushi


    Screenshot_20210323_110909_com.my.mail.jpg

    They must be sending out a bunch of these


  • Advertisement
Advertisement