Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity Monitor

Options
  • 18-03-2021 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I got one of the smart meters installed last year (Kamstrup). Can anyone recommend an electricity monitor that would work with it?

The OWLs are expensive and look like they have moved to a subscription service.

I was looking at the geo Minim available on amazon, and assume the LED sensor would work.
    Thoughts?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

I think that you will be able to monitor all that from the Kamstrup (eventually) so maybe enquire from the "ESB" or whoever if this is true which I hope so, no need for external energy monitor then except that you don't trust the Kamstrup accuracy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I bought one of these. I'm happy enough with it. It requires a base station (plugged into your router). Live trending etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭TheRef

I spoke with Energia, my current provider and moved to the Smart Tariff. They stated that my meter will send the reading every 30 mins and switched over (may take a couple of days), I will be able to login and read my usage over the previous 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Was looking at the smart tariff and a few years ago might of jumped at the chance but am working from home for the forseeable and generally like to put on washes etc during the day so the higher daytime and peak rates wont balance out for me right now.

Plus we have a small baby so cant hold off on washing machine till night time or we would have a mountain of it in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

TheRef wrote: »
    I spoke with Energia, my current provider and moved to the Smart Tariff. They stated that my meter will send the reading every 30 mins and switched over (may take a couple of days), I will be able to login and read my usage over the previous 30 mins.

He is telling porkies. It only updates once a day

https://imgur.com/gallery/l7ljxKS

Here’s a graph of my usage for yesterday via electric Ireland new system

l7ljxKS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

They only provide an app for your phone, and currently the graphing is broken. I'm looking for a standalone desktop display that will show current wattage but every one I look at is either unavailable or comes with rubbish features.

Advertisement