Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I get Potato Bread?

Options
  • 17-03-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭

So, for the day that was in it, we had a hankering for some potato bread for our brekkie.. the only one we could get was in Tesco - own brand - twas ok but not thee best quality.. is there anywhere in the city where you can get decent potato bread? We are from Ulster originally - its v popular up home - doesn't seem to be so down here..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Potato farls from Tesco are the closest I've found but haven't had them in years.
    Maybe m&s?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Had Rankin potato farls and eggs this morning...very nice. Usually get them in Dunnes. No idea if the are in any way like potato bread as I have never heard of it before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

Potato farls from Tesco are the closest I've found but haven't had them in years.
    Maybe m&s?

yeah we saw them in M&S a few weeks ago but they didn't have any yday - surprised SV didn't have any..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ludo wrote: »
    Had Rankin potato farls and eggs this morning...very nice. Usually get them in Dunnes. No idea if the are in any way like potato bread as I have never heard of it before now.

I'm open to correction but I understand that they are the same thing.
    Mashed potatoes kneaded with flour and rolled thin. Fried or toasted to serve.

I'm open to correction but I understand that they are the same thing.
    Mashed potatoes kneaded with flour and rolled thin. Fried or toasted to serve.

i think they are the same thing.. but twas referred to as potato bread at home.. will check out DS thanks Ludo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Aldi.

Dromod Boxty - €1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Be right back

I saw that a bakery in Kinsale do potato bread. Boyers. They might supply somewhere in the city?

Darc19 wrote: »
    Aldi.

Dromod Boxty - €1.99

thanks - not the same thing though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

sporina wrote: »
    i think they are the same thing.. but twas referred to as potato bread at home.. will check out DS thanks Ludo

Don't thank me yet...may be utter ****e compared to the "real thing" :)

They are on the same shelf as pancakes etc in the Douglas Court Dunnes

Ludo wrote: »
    Don't thank me yet...may be utter ****e compared to the "real thing" :)

They are on the same shelf as pancakes etc in the Douglas Court Dunnes

well no disrespect to TS (they did the job - still had the potato flavour) but I am sure Rankin would be a tad better..

• Advertisement
Advertisement