Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I made extended magazine release levers for my CZ .22lr

Options
  • 16-03-2021 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭

Made 2 extended mag levers for both my CZ 455 and 457 today.
    Made from 6mm x 6mm aluminum bar and used the existing mag lever as a template. They are about 12mm longer that the original one.
    Very easy now to release the mag with your finger.

547251.jpg

547252.jpg

547253.jpg

FB_IMG_1615927487248.jpg

FB_IMG_1615927491117.jpg

FB_IMG_1615927495372.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

That is pretty nifty, nice one!

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I propose CiveJ for the honourable, noble, and weighty title of "Boards.ie/shooting Garden shed inventor" of items being both of benefit and boon to his fellow gun owners and shooters!.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Your front door will be kicked in at 3 am and you'll be dragged off to the local station for questioning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Just did a job on my Annie 1710 to clive I bought a new mag release and epoxied an extension onto it, the annie mag release is a disaster to try and work but now there is something to hold on to .

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭keith s

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Just did a job on my Annie 1710 to clive I bought a new mag release and epoxied an extension onto it, the annie mag release is a disaster to try and work but now there is something to hold on to .

Any pics, would love to see how the 1710 turned out.

• Advertisement

will try and get pic tomorrow keith, you can make them to any size and shape you want, you have to order the mag release through outdoorsports as you cant get direct from Anschutz.
    I cut the bottom of the release with the cutter blade on the Dremel, it hardened steel and not easy to drill and then epoxied a small bolt into the release and epoxied around it and shaped when hard, primed and sprayed black.
    Magazine retainer part no.003025 for a 1710 is the mag release.
    I think it was €20 including postage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    I propose CiveJ for the honourable, noble, and weighty title of "Boards.ie/shooting Garden shed inventor" of items being both of benefit and boon to his fellow gun owners and shooters!.:D

And here is the Garden Shed where my ideas to invent start. Fully insulated, electric, stat controlled fan heating, reclining chair, and wi-fi. None of the wife's sh!te allow in there ;). 4.8m x 2.4m. 'cos that was the size of the timber.
    I built this as well for about €1200. :):)

547276.jpg

547277.jpg

547278.jpg

547279.jpg

FB_IMG_1615972541225.jpg

FB_IMG_1615972424557.jpg

FB_IMG_1615972466368.jpg

FB_IMG_1615972497409.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

clivej wrote: »
    And here is the Garden Shed where my ideas to invent start. Fully insulated, electric, stat controlled fan heating, reclining chair, and wi-fi. None of the wife's sh!te allow in there ;). 4.8m x 2.4m. 'cos that was the size of the timber.

This is the important bit, i notice the wimmens think a shed is just a rest home for junk, that has to sit there before finally getting dumped 2 years later. I know my shed was crammed with all manner of crap, bicycles that no one uses anymore, old rugs, bags of old clothes, rubbish that "Might come in handy sometime".

As soon as something landed, i took it out of the shed and binned it. The message got through eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You think that's bad?
    I call our house "the house of much ****e!"

Try living in a 15 room house with outbuildings with an aul wan who is an utter hamster and hoarder of tat and junk. Something in the war and post-war psyche I think... Keep that you never know when we might need a broken kettle for spares!... End result we chuck out a half dozen broken kettles, none of which are the same brand, make, or remotely compatible, and haven't been made for decades. Apply to furniture, bags,pots&pans or any other domestic appliance.:rolleyes:
    Having that much clutter has turned me into a minimalist since childhood. If it does not work,fix it,or dump it.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

https://imgur.com/bRrBX0M
    https://imgur.com/20d9S5q
    https://imgur.com/ruaOPtp

Keith hope this works for some pics of what Covid has made me do.
    1. added a bag rider
    2. added an Anschutz UIT rail to the forend
    3. added mag release extension
    4. added a straighter pistol grip with polymorph.

I have a guy making me a know your limits (KYL) rack for when the madness ends, and will be trying some long range stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭keith s

Lovely work V, I like it a lot.
    Is that a boyds stock?

its an Anschutz stock, not a lot of them in the world I'd say bought it through egun in Germany, no one doing aftermarket stuff for 1710,s apart from MDT in Canada they have the chassis for 1710, and GRS and prob McMillan but they would be quite expensive.

Advertisement