Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timer off but boiler still running

Options
  • 16-03-2021 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

I have a Vokera 25S gas boiler. It has started to run constantly when the timer is off. I'm getting Vokera to service the boiler next week but they seem to think the boiler isn't the issue.

Here is a picture of one of the zone valve. I have 3 zones - upstairs, downstairs and water. The light on the valves go on/off in sync with the wired timer's settings. Is there anyway to troubleshoot this further?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Those look as if they can be unplugged? If they can, unplug and replug each one in turn to see which turns off the boiler.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Wearb wrote: »
    Those look as if they can be unplugged? If they can, unplug and replug each one in turn to see which turns off the boiler.

Thank you. The upstairs value is causing the problem. I pushed the spring and its working correctly again but I presume this will be temporary. Is this a job for a plumber or an electrician?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Thank you. The upstairs value is causing the problem. Is this a job for a plumber or an electrician?
    Either, or even a knowledgable handyman. It's not a difficult job.

Most likely that head just need changing. The valve that it operates is most likely alright.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get a replacement, like for like and just pop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Get a replacement, like for like and just pop on.

Hmm, it's in an awkward place behind the water tank and won't the system need to be drained and refilled etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

Hmm, it's in an awkward place behind the water tank and won't the system need to be drained and refilled etc?

no as your only changing the actuator not the valve itself

no water involved

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's on top of the pipe, the water doesn't go through the unit, it only opens and closes the valve.

They twist off, pop back on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭youtheman

Those systems are normally wired such that all your zone valve limit switches are wired in parallel, i.e. any one valve indicating open causes your boiler to fire. So if any of your limit switches are stuck in the 'closed' position (indicating valve is open) then the boiler will run continuously. So you'll have to disconnect each actuator wiring to find out if indeed one switch is stuck in the closed position. The valve can be opening and closing correctly but the switch can be stuck in one position.

Advertisement