Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid 2010s story about American tourist stranded

Options
  • 16-03-2021 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Not sure if this is the right place to post. But it was all over TV and radio for a day or so. Does anyone remember a news story about an American (or possibly Australian) tourist who got stranded in Ireland and, I think, lived briefly on one of the M50 roundabouts!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I remember a news story about Roma gypsies living on an M50 roundabout and another story about American tourists stranded in a rhododendron forest...could you be confusing the 2 stories by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 autretemps

I remember a news story about Roma gypsies living on an M50 roundabout and another story about American tourists stranded in a rhododendron forest...could you be confusing the 2 stories by any chance?

I just looked that up! Never heard of the rhododendron one. Thanks a lot! My memory might be foggy, but I do remember it was a woman who said she missed her flight, had no money, and she just decided to camp out either in an M50 roundabout or a green area off the side of the M1/M50. It was so weird! It was a radio spot I caught it on.

Advertisement