Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Mid 2010s story about American tourist stranded

• 16-03-2021 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2 autretemps

Not sure if this is the right place to post. But it was all over TV and radio for a day or so. Does anyone remember a news story about an American (or possibly Australian) tourist who got stranded in Ireland and, I think, lived briefly on one of the M50 roundabouts!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ some random drunk

I remember a news story about Roma gypsies living on an M50 roundabout and another story about American tourists stranded in a rhododendron forest...could you be confusing the 2 stories by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 autretemps

I remember a news story about Roma gypsies living on an M50 roundabout and another story about American tourists stranded in a rhododendron forest...could you be confusing the 2 stories by any chance?

I just looked that up! Never heard of the rhododendron one. Thanks a lot! My memory might be foggy, but I do remember it was a woman who said she missed her flight, had no money, and she just decided to camp out either in an M50 roundabout or a green area off the side of the M1/M50. It was so weird! It was a radio spot I caught it on.

Advertisement