Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody bought from r2-bike.com?

Options
  • 14-03-2021 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone bought from r2-bike.com & how was your experience?
    They have an item at extremely good price, so good that I've checked them in trust pilot etc. Most reviews are good but the odd very bad one too.
    Thanks
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Yes, ordered a few bits in Feb. All good. Shipping with dhl took about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Mr. Cats wrote: »
    Yes, ordered a few bits in Feb. All good. Shipping with dhl took about a week.

Thanks, will order so & use PayPal. Will update here when ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I bought Sidi's off them a while back for a ridiculous price.
    No problems with any part of the transaction at all

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Shotser

I've ordered off them a few times, would recommend. If you spend a certain amount they throw in a bottle or something similar. They have also included small bags of sweets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Thumbs up from me too. Got a few bits, good prices and quick delivery. They also have lots of ridiculous weight weenie stuff and pictures to verify the weights if you're going for an ultra lightweight exotic build.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've just ordered an Elite Suito T for €541, including postage- link

There's one on DoneDeal for €525 but it has 800km on the clock, comes with a cassette but not the right one for me. Thought it's better to buy new.

Look forward to getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

A turbo trainer is definitely something that is worth buying new with warranty. Compared to a bike more example, more things can go wrong that are a difficult fix mechanically. Although I wouldn't fancy walking into An Post needing to ship one of those back to Germany.

A turbo trainer is definitely something that is worth buying new with warranty. Compared to a bike more example, more things can go wrong that are a difficult fix mechanically. Although I wouldn't fancy walking into An Post needing to ship one of those back to Germany.

They have a returns section on their site and a link to print DHL return label. I'm burying my head in the sand and hoping that it's free returns.

I'd have liked to buy locally/in Ireland but €540 vs €699 is a non-brainer.

I just need to buy an 11 speed 11-34 cassette now and then I'm all set. Just saw that r2-bike have one for €46. Do I need a tool to put it on properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

dinneenp wrote: »
    They have a returns section on their site and a link to print DHL return label. I'm burying my head in the sand and hoping that it's free returns.

I'd have liked to buy locally/in Ireland but €540 vs €699 is a non-brainer.

I just need to buy an 11 speed 11-34 cassette now and then I'm all set. Just saw that r2-bike have one for €46. Do I need a tool to put it on properly?

One of the selling points of the suito was that it came with a cassette, so you were ready to go out of the box. I'd contact them to check, would save yourself some money of it was included.

themighty wrote: »
    One of the selling points of the suito was that it came with a cassette, so you were ready to go out of the box. I'd contact them to check, would save yourself some money of it was included.

I bought the T version, this one doesn't come with a cassette. It's a small pain alright, hav to find a cassette & tools for adding it... #firstworldproblem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

Ah grand. You got it at a hell of a price, fair play.

Advertisement