Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wtd: Favero Assioma pedals

Options
  • 13-03-2021 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Tasting waters out there....
    Maybe someone who no longer use/need them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

A club is testing a set with a possible view to buying.
    its the Duo version.
    If they arent intrested I wll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

koutoubia wrote: »
    its the Duo version.

Cool. I appreciate thar. Duo would be great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd be interested too if it falls through with Galego and your club mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭benneca1

Hi you know me Im in Trim I have a new set of duo only a month old so little use due to Lockdown. You are welcome to them for €675 thats less than I paid. Reason I,m selling is normally use crank bros pedals and can’t get used to unclip. Have box continental plug etc. To be honest nice power meter but I will kill myself at a junction as I just cant adjust to unclip- Totally different to MTB pedals.

benneca1 wrote: »
    Hi you know me Im in Trim I have a new set of duo only a month old so little use due to Lockdown. You are welcome to them for €675 thats less than I paid. Reason I,m selling is normally use crank bros pedals and can’t get used to unclip. Have box continental plug etc. To be honest nice power meter but I will kill myself at a junction as I just cant adjust to unclip- Totally different to MTB pedals.

Thanks for the offer. A bit out of my budget. I was hoping for something cheaper....possibly not new of course.

Perhaps Cramcycle is interested in them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Galego wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer. A bit out of my budget. I was hoping for something cheaper....possibly not new of course.

Perhaps Cramcycle is interested in them.

Same as you, a little out of my budget if its not shop bought. Sorry.

No worries not pushed to sell them I might get used to look cleats before I kill myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

benneca1 wrote: »
    No worries not pushed to sell them I might get used to look cleats before I kill myself:)

Are you using assiomo cleats or Look?

According to comments on assiomo seller site by actual owners, look cleats work but not as easy to unclip as assiomo

If this might be your problem google assiomo cleat compatibity for a fair ampunt of comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The same issue with powertap pedals. Cheapo welgo cleats work that little bit better for the actual clipping and unclipping than the keo ones.

AFAIK
    Powertap use the same pedal body as Favero.
    Its from a company called Expedo.
    I have used Powertap,Wellgo (and obviously Expedo) and Favero cleats without issue but not look.
    I have Expedo pedals as my normal pedals.

Re my pedals I will be speaking to my clubmate over theweekend and where they are at!

• Advertisement

Will try changing cleats and see how it goes Thanks

its the Duo version.

Sorry lads......club mate has decided to hold onto them.

Changed the cleats and works perfectly. In order of compatibility 1 Own cleats work well, 2 Look cleats work ok just loosen them more than usual, 3 Look compatible copy cleats be very careful or you will have a low speed topple at lights

Sorry lads......club mate has decided to hold onto them.

Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can you get the recommended cleats in a 4.5 degree float?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Stages crank arm PM maybe Galego? Get a left-sided one and it's on/off in minutes to move bikes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Galego wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know.

Better off buying new unless they are a fair bit cheaper than RRP. The Favero needs to be registered to work, so warranty may be invalid for second owner... and at the end of the day.. its a powermeter. And a pedal powermeter at that.

I have had 2x Powertap Pro hubs fail, 3 x Power2max (one classic failed, the other two were type S and the battery compartment cracked supposedly due to overtorque which may be true for one but not the other), 1 x Quarq just stop and also a Giant Power pro go boom. I still have a half dozen newer Power2max NgEco and Quarq Dfour and they are great and those companies Power2max in particular have amazing aftercare- they have always looked after me.. but still, I would never buy a secondhand power meter unless it was a spectacular deal.

That being said, have a new bike being added to the fleet and it comes with a nice shiny Dura Ace crank that I don't want to replace so am almost certainly going to buy a set of Faveros this week, since they appear to be solid units.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Stages crank arm PM maybe Galego? Get a left-sided one and it's on/off in minutes to move bikes etc.

I think I may go that route as all my bikes are in shimano cranks.

By the way, i tested some Assioma on my mate"s bike at the weekend and with Look cleats on my shoes they didn't release or click in that easily. Clicking in was a bit annoying.....possibly gets better with practice. :-)

Advertisement