Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun clubs around kildare town?

Options
  • 13-03-2021 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Evening all, Not long moved into kildare town and just wondering if anyone knows of any gun clubs around the area? Google wasn't much help,

Regards,

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

If you don't get a reply here, check out the link below and contact the applicable NARGC County Body.

https://www.nargc.ie/cpages/regions-public.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭clivej

chris20 wrote: »
    Evening all, Not long moved into kildare town and just wondering if anyone knows of any gun clubs around the area? Google wasn't much help,

Regards,

Chris

Harbour House Sports Club is about the nearest to Kildare. 14 minutes/13km away. Take the road to Nurney and turn right at Conlans Pub, 500m on the right. Closed now until the Black Death has ended.
    They have shotgun traps and 4 rifle ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

there's one on the commons on the way to Nurney, I think it's called Mooretown GC, but it's so long I could be wrong on the name (there's a place called Mooretown in Newbridge, too).

You could ask in cill dara Hunting/Fishing shop beside Garda barracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

chris20 wrote: »
    Evening all, Not long moved into kildare town and just wondering if anyone knows of any gun clubs around the area?
    Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris. What type of Club are you looking to join?
    yubabill wrote: »
    there's one on the commons on the way to Nurney, I think it's called Mooretown GC, but it's so long I could be wrong on the name (there's a place called Mooretown in Newbridge, too).

Correct, Mooretown Game Club, Established in 1971 and still going. The "Commons" and lands surrounding are just part of the Club grounds.

Edit. Local Clubs to Kildare Town/sourrounding area are.

Athgarvan Game Club, Newbridge/Athgarven area.
    Ballateague Game Club.
    Caragh Game Club, Caragh/Naas area.
    Ellistown Game Club.
    Gilltown & District Game Club.
    Grange Game Club.
    Kildangan & Richardstown Game Club.
    Killeen & Boherbaun Game Club.
    Mooretown Game Club, Kildare Town.
    Monasterevin Game Club.
    Nurney & Kildoon Game Club.
    Roseberry Game Club, Newbridge.
    Rathcoffey Game Club.
    Robertstown Game Club.

Harbour House Sports Club - Authorised Range - Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun/Archery Club & Club House.

Advertisement