Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Stick Advice Please.

Options
  • 12-03-2021 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

72 y.o here lookin for advice about walking sticks if anyone knows please.

Are they easy to get used to use,

are they any good,
    what type would you recommend,
    Made of wood,
    or like aldi do sell sometimes.

or any other advice or tips would be great if anyone can help me

thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've had a few major knee surgeries and I've used a walking stick as an intermediate step after coming off the crutches. I don't know what Aldi sell, but the one I used is similar to this one. It's easy to get used to and does the job nicely. The advantage that sort has over a wooden one is that you can change the height of it to suit yourself, in the same way you can adjust crutches. Plus it folds up for easy storage, although you will need something to keep it folded or it will just just keep opening. The one I linked to seems to include a clip for that purpose, which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Got a dodgy back. When that's gone on me, I've learned a Staff is ye man. I find it's easier, and more 'natural' to hang off it, gripping it at face level. Rather than try to centre ye weight above something down at waist height.

Advertisement