Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long for fixed charge notice to arrive?

• 12-03-2021 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Quick question - how long does it typically take for a fixed charge notice to arrive from the date of the incident? Also is the 28 days to pay start from the date of the incident or the date on the letter when it arrives?

Want to make sure it doesn't go astray and a small issue (illegal right turn) turns into something bigger. Only got stopped last Friday.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

28 days from the date on the letter - the letter has arrived within two weeks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭amf78

I thought there is a time limit on FCNs?! I don't mean for you to respond to it, I mean the time between the offence and the letter being issued.

Some folks I spoke to suggest there isn't, but this doesn't sound right.

I have no legal background so correct me please if I'm wrong, but if the FCN arrives more than 126 days after the offence has taken place can it be challenged on the grounds that the recipient was deprived of the opportunity to nominate the driver & pay the fine before court proceedings were initiated?

Whatever the case, surely one cannot receive a FCN 10 years after the offence...

Post edited by amf78 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

126 days to send out the FCN , then you have 28+28 days to pay.

Then when (if) the summons arrives, you have another opportunity to pay.

Advertisement