Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pallet from Poland

Options
  • 12-03-2021 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

I am looking to important two pallets from Poland.

At the moment the quotes I am getting are costing more than importing pallets from China.

Does anyone have any recommendations and rough idea of how much I should be paying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Paid €365 + vat during the week for a europallet. Approx 1 ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

user302243 wrote: »

At the moment the quotes I am getting are costing more than importing pallets from China.

Does anyone have any recommendations and rough idea of how much I should be paying?

Would you not ask the seller to organise the transport. It’s normally cheaper on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Maybe try CLF is Ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭user302243

writhen wrote: »
    Paid €365 + vat during the week for a europallet. Approx 1 ton.

Who did you use to arrange this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Whatcar212

I use either Aramex or Quality Freight when getting stuff from Poland (and Italy for that matter).

Quality Freight were 800 to get 4 pallets out of Poland, that was 3 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭user302243

I've gotten a few quotes around the €200 mark. However all are only really insured up to around €500 as it's an amount per kg. The goods are worth €6k. Is there a way to arrange insurance or is it normal to just risk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

I've gotten a few quotes around the €200 mark. However all are only really insured up to around €500 as it's an amount per kg. The goods are worth €6k. Is there a way to arrange insurance or is it normal to just risk it?

You should be able to arrange goods in transit insurance.. What are the goods out of interest? Anything that would easily sold on I would be wary to send in a groupage network where there is more than 1 or 2 operators involved

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Who did you use to arrange this?

Thanks

Sorry only seeing this now. Used Quality Freight but have used Jenkinson before.

Advertisement