Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage and Relocation to different county

Options
  • 12-03-2021 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

My family and I are looking to move out of Dublin, heading to Cork where we are originally from. Covid has provided an opportunity where I can work from home and going forward, this is the long term strategy.

Now comes the problem!

I have a new mortgage in principal with the new agreed amount but need proof from HR that I'm working full-time from home which is NOT the case! Prior to covid, I was working 2/3 days a week from home but now my company is formalising a long term strategy which is not yet agreed. Possibly, under the new guidelines, I would be expected to be in the office at last once a week or maybe once every two weeks but again the letter from HR states that I work from home ONLY two days a week!

Before I start getting a mortgage broker involved, have people any advice? The bank that is managing the current mortgage is expecting a letter stating that I work from home fulltime before the new mortgage in principal is official.

Thanks,

YupYaBoyo

Comments

Can you chat to HR about how the letter is worded? I write these letters for staff all the time and would always consult around wording though I appreciate in a multinational etc that might be tricky. Even to note that contractually you are 2/3 days from home but the company is revisiting its work from home policy and expect that your role will go fully remote in x weeks/months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Hi,
    I dealt with this condition for a customer only this month and got it waived. If you want to send me a pm I will advise how I dealt with it.

Advertisement