Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another change of ownership question

Options
  • 12-03-2021 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

I’m nearing the end of a long restoration of a forty year old car and it’s time to get my name in the logbook, the previous owners address in the book is not his current address so I’m thinking it would be another layer of hassle to have his present address added to the book and then do the change to my name,
    I’m inclined to fill out form RF200 with the address in the log book , “sign” it and send it off to the local tax office.. do people think thats the way to go? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    I’m nearing the end of a long restoration of a forty year old car and it’s time to get my name in the logbook, the previous owners address in the book is not his current address so I’m thinking it would be another layer of hassle to have his present address added to the book and then do the change to my name,
    I’m inclined to fill out form RF200 with the address in the log book , “sign” it and send it off to the local tax office.. do people think thats the way to go? Thanks

I'd imagine so, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

Shouldn't be an issue with a classic (I was told to do this by someone who used to work in the motor tax office), that's what I'll be doing when the time comes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Thanks for replies, that’s the way I’ll go..I’m tempted now to apply for the changes (colour and engine) at the same time, that I was going to leave till the car was in my name,
    It’s a pity the tax office is closed, it would probably be easier to do all this in person..:rolleyes:

Advertisement