If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new Sony Bravia range

Options
  • 11-03-2021 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭

I see the Bravia A90J, one of Sony's new 2021 range is up on the Currys uk store for pre order, expected to ship this month.

Its not on the Irish Currys website so I called in store and spoke to a staff member and on there internal stock system it wasn't listed. I spoke to a customer support staff member from Currys UK and he could not see any indication of that model being shipped to Ireland. I spoke to staff in Harvey Norman also and a similar story.

Looks like a brexit knock on effect but for high end range of tv's it could be difficult to get the in Irish stores from what I'm seeing. Does anyone know of a good alternative of trying to source these?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

I see the Bravia A90J, one of Sony's new 2021 range is up on the Currys uk store for pre order, expected to ship this month.

Its not on the Irish Currys website so I called in store and spoke to a staff member and on there internal stock system it wasn't listed. I spoke to a customer support staff member from Currys UK and he could not see any indication of that model being shipped to Ireland. I spoke to staff in Harvey Norman also and a similar story.

Looks like a brexit knock on effect but for high end range of tv's it could be difficult to get the in Irish stores from what I'm seeing. Does anyone know of a good alternative of trying to source these?
    Hi Your Airbag,

Thanks for the post!

I have just had a check and the A90J range is available for pre order with ourselves. I haven't heard of any regional issues with this model myself but I can certainly look into this for you. I have no firm date for them arriving in just yet but can keep an eye on the website.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Thanks, pm sent.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks, pm sent.
    Hey Your Airbarg.

I'll give David a little nudge to check his inbox and get back to you ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

Hi Kenny, David,

Would you have any update on the 2021 Sony availability yet?

Thanks!

kirving wrote: »
    Hi Kenny, David,

Would you have any update on the 2021 Sony availability yet?

Thanks!
    Hey Kirving.

The releases dates on our system say April - August depending on which model you are interested in.

Some of the NEW Sony OLED has started to appear for pre order so hopefully the other ranges will start to filter through.

Are there any models in particular that you are interested in?

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny, Looking at the 43" range only as it's for a smallish room.

In order or preference on the 2021 models, I'd be looking at the following.

X80J
    X85J
    X89J

Would you have indicative pricing available? I could wait a few weeks if the new models aren't far away, but August is too long for me really.

I hear that hardware wise, the '21 models aren't a huge upgrade, and also that the existing '20 models will likely get and upgrade to Google TV over the existing Android TV.

I'd be more concerned though that upgraded may end in say 2 years time for the '20 models, but the '21 models would get another year (of my experience with Samsung Android phones is anything to go by)

Hi Kenny, Looking at the 43" range only as it's for a smallish room.

In order or preference on the 2021 models, I'd be looking at the following.

X80J
    X85J
    X89J

Would you have indicative pricing available? I could wait a few weeks if the new models aren't far away, but August is too long for me really.

I hear that hardware wise, the '21 models aren't a huge upgrade, and also that the existing '20 models will likely get and upgrade to Google TV over the existing Android TV.

I'd be more concerned though that upgraded may end in say 2 years time for the '20 models, but the '21 models would get another year (of my experience with Samsung Android phones is anything to go by)
    Hey Kirving.

Thanks for coming back to me.

The only date it have on the 43X80J is April so hopefully this will update soon with the date of arrival.
    The is no mention of the 43X85J on our incoming list so it could be one we end up not stocking.
    For the 43X89J it has June but no date confirmed.

I have no confirmed pricing just yet but I think the 43X80J will be around £749.
    Cant really see anything at all price wise for the 43x89J.

The 2020 Sony range are fantastic televisions and the Android operating system does perform very well.
    Although the only Sony 43 left is the 43XH8505 priced at £649 
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204633-sony-kd43xh8505bu-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx?swapstore=1

Hi Kenny,

I see that the 43X80J is available, but having waited some time now, I might hold out for the 43X85J (X89J) if you had any date available?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Kenny,

I see that the 43X80J is available, but having waited some time now, I might hold out for the 43X85J (X89J) if you had any date available?

Thanks for your help!
    Hi Kirving.

I've checked this morning and the 43X80J has still not arrived into our main warehouse.
    The latest on our feed says "ETA Confirmed, purchasing chasing with Sony"
    It is now up on our .co.uk website so hopefully we do see the ETA start to appear.

The 43X89J is due June but no confirmed date either.

Stock ETA are crazy at the minute unfortunately across the board.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Hi RicherSounds team,

Do you have any rough idea when the new 65" Sony XJ95 will become available (model XR65X95JU)?

Thanks,
    Jonathan.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    Hi RicherSounds team,

Do you have any rough idea when the new 65" Sony XJ95 will become available (model XR65X95JU)?

Thanks,
    Jonathan.
    Thanks for the post Jonathan!

You could be looking as far ahead as August for that particular model I'm afraid!

Were there any other models you had your eye on?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi guys, so I waited it out and finally looking at the KD43X89JU on your site for €1,049, almost identical to the KD43X85JU which I can get for €999 from Currys.

Can you do anything to price match? I appreciate they're not exactly identical part numbers (1000Hz vs 800Hz) but this is a very small difference to an already high frame rate. Will purchase this morning if so!

Hi kirving,

Thanks for the post!

I'm actually still out of stock of the KD43X89JU and I have no ETA for them arriving in just yet. We do have the 50" version though but it's 1349 euro:

I wouldn't be able to match the Currys price I'm afraid as it would need to be the same model!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.