Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website mockup

Options
  • 11-03-2021 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had experiencing in trying to create a website mockup before for a business idea?

I currently have an idea in my head but trying to put it into a visual in order to present the idea.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sketch it out with pencil and paper is the first place to start.

After that, there's plenty of tools out there for a basic wireframe - 30 day trial of Balsamiq will probably be fine https://balsamiq.com/

If you want something more high fidelity then you are probably going to be able to use some graphic design tools or hire someone to do it. You could use InVision to make a clickable version using your designs or wireframes.

But to be honest, if the idea is good you should be able to explain it in a few bullet points and get across the USP or core functionality - what does it do - what problem does it solve and who is it going to help. The graphics are nice to have and you will end up doing plenty of design and tweaking it when creating an MVP but you should be able to get the idea from your head to paper in a few bullet points and a sketch to begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Register on WordPress and pick a Free Site
    Set the site to private and you can change it as you wish, you can change the theme one you remain free

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Second what the poster above said about trying Balsamiq. I use it for wireframing regularly. Really flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 irishhombre123

You should do a wireframe, i have a great guy for doing them....he uses Balsamiq.

Wireframes are very cheap to do and will save you a fortune down the line.

They can be interactive, so you get to work out the flow of your site before you start coding.

PM me if you want my guys details. Costs around €130 for a large site.

regards
    IH

• Registered Users Posts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Pencil and post it notes to start with, to map out the functions. Only move to a wireframing tool if the idea makes sense after the initial sketches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement