Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interior lighting - house renovation/extension

Options
  • 11-03-2021 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Currently renovating and extending house. Looking for ideas for lighting to Kitchen, Living Room and Garden Room (conservatory with solid roof) - type of lighting, light fittings and where to source them. All these rooms being rewired. Kitchen and Living Room open into Garden Room which faces south-west.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

MDP1 wrote: »
    Currently renovating and extending house. Looking for ideas for lighting to Kitchen, Living Room and Garden Room (conservatory with solid roof) - type of lighting, light fittings and where to source them. All these rooms being rewired. Kitchen and Living Room open into Garden Room which faces south-west.

Have a look at this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Actually it may be better to read the entire thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

Might be a bit late to this thread, but something I noticed in our build which I think is worth mentioning.
    Wall washing with downlights and recessed led strips was something we implemented in various rooms, but it is something we rarely demonstrate to visitors. The skim finish on some of the walls is very poor and the lights only serve to highlight this. So, my advice is to ensure your plaster finish is good if you plan on throwing light on the wall in this manner. I would even bring a light to site and place at angles to the wall to judge.

Advertisement