Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Iron

Options
  • 09-03-2021 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can get liquid Iron to spray for moss in a lawn.
    Have about 3/4 acre to do so it has to be good stuff because I'm not gonna do it the second time.
    I have spread Sulphate of Iron and I hate doing it as it gets everywhere and my clothes are so smelly after it.
    I have used Zero and it so weak at 6% Imight just have well put it out neat.
    Looking for min 20% iron content, something like the 'Seagreen' brand in the UK which is not available in Ireland.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Czhornet wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can get liquid Iron to spray for moss in a lawn.
    Have about 3/4 acre to do so it has to be good stuff because I'm not gonna do it the second time.
    I have spread Sulphate of Iron and I hate doing it as it gets everywhere and my clothes are so smelly after it.
    I have used Zero and it so weak at 6% Imight just have well put it out neat.
    Looking for min 20% iron content, something like the 'Seagreen' brand in the UK which is not available in Ireland.
    Thanks

Did you get anything?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i may be misremembering, but isn't spraying iron a short term solution?
    someone once told me that if you want to fix the issue long term, it's probably lime you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

i may be misremembering, but isn't spraying iron a short term solution?
    someone once told me that if you want to fix the issue long term, it's probably lime you need.

Ya your right. Heard a gardner on the radio during the week. Iron changes the ph of the soil and turns it acidic perfect conditions for growing more moss plus the Irish climate.

Advertisement