Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin watch repair query

• 08-03-2021 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Is there any one in ireland that specialize in repairs of garmin watches or is it all done through garmin itself? Need the screen replaced on a vivoactive 3 and it's out of warranty and I'm probably gonna get rode with the repair bill going direct with garmin *sigh*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

mickwat155 wrote: »
    Is there any one in ireland that specialize in repairs of garmin watches or is it all done through garmin itself? Need the screen replaced on a vivoactive 3 and it's out of warranty and I'm probably gonna get rode with the repair bill going direct with garmin *sigh*

My first question would be how long is the watch out of warranty and it doesn't hurt to contact Garmin customer service via their website. I recently had to send back my 645 (issue with bluetooth/ant+) painless process (for me) a couple of emails and a link to a run showing the watch disconnecting from my chest strap (the metrics stopped when disconnected) and I also helped a friend with similar screen issue to your watch, they replaced their watch after one email and one phone call. So email them, they'll ask for serial number of the watch and so know it's history (if you registered it).

If the watch is less than 3 years old I'd press the expectation that (under Irish consumer law) a product should last a reasonable amount of time, for me a touch screen watch should last reasonable use (particularly a sports watch) be it even slightly rough. We tend to upgrade (sports) watches fairly regularly but I'd expect to get a good few years out of my Garmin, at least until the battery needs charging too often.

As for changing the screen, well you may need to get a 'broken' vivoactive 3 to use it's screen and then the issue of the water proofness pops up, I don't think I'd trust that after a screen change. If it is an older watch, I'd take into account the current battery life, do I use it for swimming (pool on holiday), will Garmin pay still work and the final cost of repair versus say buying a Garmin 45.

Personally speaking I'd push for a repair from Garmin, be patient and polite in all communications and press the point that a touchscreen watch should not need a new screen after only a couple of years and especially less than 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Does anyone find issues with the Vivoactive 3 and the battery connection in the watch going faulty?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

mickwat155 wrote: »

I'd echo the above, Garmin support are pretty good in my experience so well worth while contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PhilHD

I've had the Epix Gen 2 Slate Steel for a month now and I bought screen protectors too. I noticed a scratch across the top, in the hope it was just on the screen protector, I started peeled it off to find it was a glass crack. The Amoled screen is quite thick, so this is really unfortunate, especially as i don't recall it getting a ding. I went onto Garmin Support and a cracked screen is not covered under warranty, but they email you a link to ship a replacement watch, this is great, but the cost was 170eu!! I've had it a month! Any other advice on this? I'd be happy to replace the screen myself, (watched a YouTube vid), but I can't find anywhere to buy a screen only, it's all protectors, including Amazon, eBay and Garmin site.

So, any advice? Links for screens or screen repairs in Ireland?

Tks,

Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Mumof220122016

Just wondering if you got sorted after? My watch is the same thought it was a scratch after 5-6 weeks only to discover it is a crack slowly spreading across the screen. €164 to Garmin & they will give me a refurbished watch in 4-6 weeks! Seems steep I only got the watch the end of Jan this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Snodge

Does anyone know how to change battery in Garmin HRM Pro strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

If that's not your model of HR strap then try searching your specific one on YouTube

Advertisement