Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

walshb wrote: »
    Archie is 7th in line!!

A nobody, in Royal terms!

Oprah needs to ask the question that people really need an answer to " So, did Archie turn out black ? "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Because he could be black.
    The Royal family is an evil, nasty family. Do what you’re told or else your ****ed.

She’s going on a little bit much but nothing near as bad as some of the previous posts are making her out.

I’m more surprised by the huge support for the Royal family on Boards.

A Royalist echo chamber in here. British tabloids got to them. Sad really.

Ah diddums. The monarchy wouldn't spend taxpayers money picking up your security bill after you threw your toys out of the pram and left the family... Bless your ickle cotton socks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Be right back

6. It goes Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harry. If say Andrew's daughters and other members have protection then it would seem strange to me.

That segment regarding the child's title and protection confused me though. I don't Meghan was given or gave a reason for the lack of both.

I don't think Andrew's daughters have security.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭YellowLead

You can’t have your cake and eat it too Harry....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

They're too old for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

to be fair there is hardly the budget to protect every woman from Andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tell you one thing. I’m no fan of Trump, but he was spot on about this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to discuss these two and their interview with Oprah so hopefully it can stay here :)

I watched it and was transfixed. I don't Believe Meghan was lying but I've a feeling there is much more to her experiences. Reading between the lines of the current family estrangements it seems that the difficulty was mostly with Charles and William. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

What say the rest of you?

Oprah is always interviewing liars.
    Remember MJ...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So he expects the spooks to watch over his family after telling the country who pays for them to go fcuk themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

What is a working member of the royal family? One that travels around the world and has to meet the minions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭appledrop

Deeec wrote: »
    Their marriage is doomed. Harry made a huge mistake marrying this fake lady.

Yep, on the day of the wedding I said I'll give them 5 years max till its all over.

However he is in it deep now and has alienated his family so he has no one else, so I'd say that's what she wanted.

Buckingham Palace have said they are investigating bullying complaints against Megan by PA staff. Now who knows if it's true they could be just pushing back because of interview but supposedly those claims were actually lodged in 2018 so well before all of this.

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Actually, I'm no fan of the Monarchy, but I see through this opportunist bullsh1tter and her gormless husband from a mile away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Just noticed the typical English teeth on him - wonder how long before he gets a Hollywood smile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Harry has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Ok, I laughed at that.

So many snide remarks on this thread it beggers belief. I don't think many people understand the impact childhood trauma has a grown adult.

Money doesn't even come into it. I have some sympathy for him. Meghan on the other hand.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Oprah needs to ask the question that people really need an answer to " So, did Archie turn out black ? "
    If he turned out like his mam, the answer would be no

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Utter nonsense!

Be objective!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"We wanted to get away from it all"

Netflix, "we'll give you 100mill for a fly on the wall series".

"Where do we sign".

Ca-ching

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Be right back

Ah diddums. The monarchy wouldn't spend taxpayers money picking up your security bill after you threw your toys out of the pram and left the family... Bless your ickle cotton socks :rolleyes:

He's a very wealthy man so why rely on others to pay for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭AllForIt

walshb wrote: »
    No surprise here with Markle, but wtf is Harry’s excuse here to be part of this one/sided unchallenged free for all attack on his family? Weird!

I know, it's bizarre. Does Harry not want to have anything to do with his family anymore? Certainly looks that way. I don't see how he could possibly ever have a good relationship with his brother William ever again, after Meghan has just dissed his wife in public, amounts other things.

It's as if Harry thinks this will just all blow over after a while. No way, Harry is totally out of the Royal Family for a very very long time after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

So many snide remarks on this thread it beggers belief. I don't think many people understand the impact childhood trauma has a grown adult.

Money doesn't even come into it. I have some sympathy for him. Meghan on the other hand.....

Oh come on, the weight of the world?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

AllForIt wrote: »
    I know, it's bizarre. Does he not want to have anything to do with his family anymore. Certainly looks that way. I don't see how he could possibly ever have a good relationship with his brother William ever again, after Meghan has just dissed his wife in public, amounts other things.

It's as if Harry thinks this will just all blow over after a while. No way, he, Harry, is totally out of the Royal Family for a very long time after this.

I think thats what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The passport and keys thing...do you think the wife of the president of the US is walking around like a normal citizen taking taxis and going on random flights

I was waiting for her to start whinging that they took her Dunnes stores vouchers and loyalty card!

He's a very wealthy man so why rely on others to pay for them?

Good question. I'm not sure if you are looking at the interview, but they are actually insinuating that the Royals should have provided them with security even though they walked away from the Royal family.

6. It goes Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harry. If say Andrew's daughters and other members have protection then it would seem strange to me.

That segment regarding the child's title and protection confused me though. I don't Meghan was given or gave a reason for the lack of both.

I think it's Williams children that are unusual, it's the grandchildren of the monarch are princes/princesses.
    Andrews daughters are the queens grandchildren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Didn't watch the interview, and tried to avoid the news all day as it was full of this nonsense. But just wondering:

Why are people apparently so triggered by a couple they don't know, have never met and will never affect their lives in any way. Good Lord, people are even talking about the Duke and Duchess as if they know them - Please!

And why with all the brouhaha about the Sussexes, is not one word uttered about the Duke of York who's alleged to have done FAR worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A frequent hallmark of an abuse relationship is ostracising your victim from their family

• Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cienciano wrote: »
    Harry knows exactly what the press in the UK are like. Also the simple minded readers of the Daily Mail and The Sun. He did whats right for the good of his own family. I never liked him, but fair play to Harry, newfound respect for the guy.

Only sensible comment I've seen here. This thread is like the comments section of a tabloid, so much judgement and bile. Simple minded is a good description.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Your granny isn’t too happy tonight chief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

They had it until they were 18

Advertisement