Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheeting out inside of wooden shed

Options
  • 08-03-2021 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I've a 10x12ft wooden shed with metal roof, I'd like to sheet out the inside just to finish it off better and be able to hang tools off the walls etc.
    I had just assumed I would use 8x4 sheets but didn't realise it comes in a large range of thickness and types, what should I use and assume for roof I'd need something without the weight of ply?

Shed is only a store and bit of a workshop for my hobbies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭cletus

Snotty wrote: »
    I've a 10x12ft wooden shed with metal roof, I'd like to sheet out the inside just to finish it off better and be able to hang tools off the walls etc.
    I had just assumed I would use 8x4 sheets but didn't realise it comes in a large range of thickness and types, what should I use and assume for roof I'd need something without the weight of ply?

Shed is only a store and bit of a workshop for my hobbies

I've just sheeted a 16'x12' shed in 11mm OSB. Worked fine, currently hanging tools on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

cletus wrote: »
    I've just sheeted a 16'x12' shed in 11mm OSB. Worked fine, currently hanging tools on the wall

Did they cost around €16 per sheet, does that sound right?
    Also did you sheet the roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭cletus

Snotty wrote: »
    Did they cost around €16 per sheet, does that sound right?
    Also did you sheet the roof?

Cost me about 19 a sheet, I did the roof with 6mm ply, to reduce the weight

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

I used 12mm plywood (looks better than OSB) and also used 25mm rockwool to give a little insulation.

Advertisement