Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedestrians/Walkers Road signs?

Options
  • 08-03-2021 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any official road signs in Ireland to indicate there are walkers?

I know there are the standard school signs indicating children and pedestrian crossing signs, but I'm looking for so something that would be on rural roads to tell drivers there are walkers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭KrisW1001

W140 - "Pedestrians"

120px-W140_Pedestrians_-_Warning_Sign_Ireland.png
    Where pedestrians frequently use a road without a proper footway, Sign W 140 may be provided to warn drivers of their presence. Where the length over which pedestrians are likely to be on the road is longer than approximately250m, Supplementary Plate P 002 should be used to indicate the length.

The official Traffic Signs Manual is available online - this is the definitive source for road signs in Ireland:
    https://www.trafficsigns.ie/current-traffic-signs-manual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Wouldn't that just be the standard conditions on every road apart from motorways and some other restricted roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

Thanks. I didn't know this sign existed. Since this pandemic there's been a huge increase in walkers and runners where I live and it's quite rural, yet the cars/trucks never seem to take care. I would love to see some of these signs erected around the area.

Signage is not the issue.

How likely is it, do you reckon, that these idiots will suddenly start driving more appropriately if there's a few signs posted about the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

Signage is not the issue.

How likely is it, do you reckon, that these idiots will suddenly start driving more appropriately if there's a few signs posted about the place?

Well it's better than nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement