Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install extra sockets in bedroom?

Options
  • 08-03-2021 1:40pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am using a bedroom as a home office, which only has one double socket, and am wondering if anyone could advise if it would be possible to have a second socket installed and how big a job this would be for an electrician?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Stheno wrote: »
    I am using a bedroom as a home office, which only has one double socket, and am wondering if anyone could advise if it would be possible to have a second socket installed and how big a job this would be for an electrician?

Usually not big at all. Probably he will charge 50 euro. Maybe speak with a handyman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

€50 even rock and roll fella working for Johnny cash wouldn’t work for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭POBox19

If there are just office machines with no big power draw why not use a trailing socket extension or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Need more information. Is the second socket to be out beside the other or is it on a different wall? Could be difficult get power to the other wall and would need to come down from ceiling if it's a block wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

I suggest that you buy a decent extension lead with maybe four or six outlets. It may cost about fifteen euro. I assume that your power requirements are just for computer ,phones and the like so no need to install something that can deliver much power.

I advise that you buy from an electrical outlet an extension lead.

Problem solved, cheaply! (Some here looking for business will not agree with me)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Chawosfski

The usual questions a electrician needs to consider are:

Is the load increasing ?

Will it need a clean line and Rcbo ?

Maybe not and the adapter will do

Advertisement