Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting goods on display outside store

Options
  • 07-03-2021 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can anyone tell me if there are any rules about whether you're allowed to display goods outside a store? I'm considering opening a bike store and I think an important part of it would be having bicycles on show to garner interest to passing traffic. There is ample space on the footpath so it would not be an obstruction of any kind. I've seen shops do this but I'm not sure if there is any formal agreement. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Very likely to be local by-laws. Check with the council. Likely they will charge you a licence fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrGaryFox

Quick call to the local council should be able to find out. Or go and ask other shops nearby..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would be more concerned about the insurance aspect than the council

Advertisement