Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NNo communication for order placed over 3 weeks ago on Decathlon Irelabd

Options
  • 07-03-2021 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has received order placed online with goods from Decathlon Ireland? I placed an order with them for dumbbells over 3 weeks ago - nearly forgot about it it’s been so long!!

I checked my email and on confirmation email was told I would be sent an email with postal tracking order - hit nothing! Was told it would takes 7-14 days - still waiting 3 weeks later. I checked my account for order - it has disappeared!!! Checked my online banking - money was taken out of my account straight away of course no problem.

Only evidence now I have is confirmation email and their name taking out money on my bank account. I emailed them and get this automated emailing saying basically apologizing for delay - that’s it!!

I checked their Facebook pages - oh my God the amount of angry customers still waiting weeks for orders and no communication from customer service. They are claiming they are having issues with system - no issue with their system taking peoples money. Lesson learned - I am never ordering from them again!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

I’ve ordered several times and this is the first time I’ve had an issue. Also waiting about 3 weeks.
    I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt though as as I’ve said this is the first time I’ve ever had an issue ordering online from them.
    They seem to have updated their website which is not before time as the old one was a pain to use especially on a phone.
    I’m sure the order will arrive if not I’m sure I’ll get my money back.
    Hopefully they will be able to open back up their store in Dublin soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

They are shipping quite a few of their orders directly from France, they use a different logistics partner for heavier goods which I expect the dumbbells will fall under and they don't offer a tracking system as far as I know.
    Being quite close to our logistics teams in work the system is rammed currently, with a huge increase in online shopping, corporate bulk orders now being delivered individually to WFH'rs and the vaccines getting port priority.

I have found customer support responsive for Decathlon, sit tight and expect delays or cancel if you can get somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

Got an email to say An Post are delivering my order today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'm the same - ordered on the 25th February and absolutely nothing from them since. have emailed their help email 3 times and no reply either.
    One of the items is a mothers day gift for my wife and thought I was ordering with plenty of time to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Just got order from An Post yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Had ordered from them on Feb 9, got email to say they were dispatched on Feb 15 and there was no sign of them. Decathlon also updated their website and for some inexplicable reason, the new site did not pull in past orders into it so I had no way of tracking. Emails to customer service were answered with "we aim to answer all emails within 24 hours and heard nothing for another 6 days.

Eventually the order arrived on March 15!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I got my items exactly 3 weeks after I ordered them

Advertisement