Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

The All 4 app

• 06-03-2021 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7

... is rather excellent and there's enough on there to warrant it's own thread I think

I recently finished a rewatch of The West Wing on it and there's a plethora of shows and Films for free

Channel-4-new-All-4-logo-design-4Creative-2.jpg

Although next on my rewatch list on there is The Shield and it's just been added to their "Leaving Soon" list which is a shame

Scrubs and Community are leaving soon too, but some gems that aren't include:
    • It's A Sin (I still have to watch this)
    • Seinfield, all seasons. I could never get into this, but plenty love it
    • The Inbetweeners, all seasons
    • Justified, all seasons
    • Peep Show, all seasons
    • Father Ted, all seasons
    • Fresh Meat, all seasons. An under-rated Comedy gem
    And loads more, including well known Films added fairly regularly

It's free and the Ads are bearable, about 4 mins per 42 minute Drama show. I only noticed them increasing more over Christmas

gm-4b153250-b9eb-4183-b572-df3b3abed1a7-4-on-demand-438228.jpg

An Ad free version is available at £4 a month, but I find the free version is enough

Any other fans of this app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,702 ✭✭✭✭ gmisk

Its a really excellent app.
    Lots of excellent docs.
    I love walter presents stuff on it, but you have to go through vpn to watch most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭ LilacNails

Yep love it. Cancelled my Netflix as I was watching more on channel 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7

gmisk wrote: »
    but you have to go through vpn to watch most of them.

Interesting

I've none on the device I watch it on and dozens and dozens of stuff is showing. Like, a huge amount

Might try a free VPN on it next week to see what else shows up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7

LilacNails wrote: »
    Yep love it. Cancelled my Netflix as I was watching more on channel 4.

If Netflix hadn't recently added Parks and Recreation and The Office US I'd be doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ Stewball

Anyone know if I sign up to Sky boxsets, if all the All4 shows will be available in Ireland through my Sky+ box?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 10,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭ miamee

I received an email from All 4 last week
    Fancy going ad-free*? With All 4+ you can now stream 1500 shows without ads*, including brand new Bake Off and Gogglebox as well as 100s of box sets for only £3.99 per month. Try it for free now.

You can sign up for a 14 day free trial, £3.99pm after that. Hopefully not the start of introducing fees for the service though I could understand if they did want to charge for it.

On the subject of things to watch, I have watched a few episodes of Rebecka Martinsson: Arctic Murders, a Swedish drama which I am enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭ S.M.B.

£3.99 for ad-free content just seems a little on the expensive side. I am sure they've gone with that figure for valid reasons though.

Advertisement