Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All 4 app

Options
  • 06-03-2021 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

... is rather excellent and there's enough on there to warrant it's own thread I think

I recently finished a rewatch of The West Wing on it and there's a plethora of shows and Films for free

Channel-4-new-All-4-logo-design-4Creative-2.jpg

Although next on my rewatch list on there is The Shield and it's just been added to their "Leaving Soon" list which is a shame

Scrubs and Community are leaving soon too, but some gems that aren't include:
    • It's A Sin (I still have to watch this)
    • Seinfield, all seasons. I could never get into this, but plenty love it
    • The Inbetweeners, all seasons
    • Justified, all seasons
    • Peep Show, all seasons
    • Father Ted, all seasons
    • Fresh Meat, all seasons. An under-rated Comedy gem
    And loads more, including well known Films added fairly regularly

It's free and the Ads are bearable, about 4 mins per 42 minute Drama show. I only noticed them increasing more over Christmas

gm-4b153250-b9eb-4183-b572-df3b3abed1a7-4-on-demand-438228.jpg

An Ad free version is available at £4 a month, but I find the free version is enough

Any other fans of this app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Its a really excellent app.
    Lots of excellent docs.
    I love walter presents stuff on it, but you have to go through vpn to watch most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Yep love it. Cancelled my Netflix as I was watching more on channel 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

gmisk wrote: »
    but you have to go through vpn to watch most of them.

Interesting

I've none on the device I watch it on and dozens and dozens of stuff is showing. Like, a huge amount

Might try a free VPN on it next week to see what else shows up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

LilacNails wrote: »
    Yep love it. Cancelled my Netflix as I was watching more on channel 4.

If Netflix hadn't recently added Parks and Recreation and The Office US I'd be doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Stewball

Anyone know if I sign up to Sky boxsets, if all the All4 shows will be available in Ireland through my Sky+ box?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I received an email from All 4 last week
    Fancy going ad-free*? With All 4+ you can now stream 1500 shows without ads*, including brand new Bake Off and Gogglebox as well as 100s of box sets for only £3.99 per month. Try it for free now.

You can sign up for a 14 day free trial, £3.99pm after that. Hopefully not the start of introducing fees for the service though I could understand if they did want to charge for it.

On the subject of things to watch, I have watched a few episodes of Rebecka Martinsson: Arctic Murders, a Swedish drama which I am enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

£3.99 for ad-free content just seems a little on the expensive side. I am sure they've gone with that figure for valid reasons though.

Advertisement