Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1987 Bianchi

Options
  • 06-03-2021 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭

Back in 1987 when I started cycling, I bought my first bike from a guy in Wexford who used to sell the occasional good second hand bike.

It was only 10 years later that we found out he'd been fencing bikes stolen by a relative living in Dublin.

Looking back, you'd have to say we were fierce naive not to wonder where this lad living halfway up a mountain was getting the bikes from, but he'd sold a few to other members of the club who'd suggested him. And it wasn't until I moved to Dublin that I realised bikes could be stolen.

Anyways, if you or anyone you knew had a 21" Bianchi like this stolen on you, probably from Dublin around 1986/87, apologies and sympathies from me.

BxdbHFm.png

I've had a few bikes stolen on me since and I understand how you would have felt.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

...and here is my one. Same year and probably the same bike, but after being stolen dozen times, must have been finally re-painted :pac:.

14075652745_31be2a2dfb_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I *ahem* had it stolen. Can I have it back please??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭josip

I *ahem* had it stolen. Can I have it back please??? :pac:

Sure, no problem, but I have some bad news.
    2 years after I got it, I crashed into a wall and buckled the down tube.
    The wheels were undamaged :)

Advertisement