Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Macro lens for Canon

Options
  • 05-03-2021 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭

I have a simple Canon EOS 1100D and would like to mess about with some Macro photography. I've used a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro before that I borrowed and loved it but wondered if anyone had advice on what to watch out for when buying a macro or if anyone had noticed any for sale. My budget would be about the €200-250 mark.

If anyone has any decent websites aswell. The last time I bought a lens was from a shop on Ebay from the UK but things are obviously different now buying from the UK. One I came across is in the link below. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help

https://www.mpb.com/en-eu/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/used-canon-fit-lenses/tokina-100mm-f-2-8-atx-macro-canon-ef-fit/sku-1120929/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

The budget is a bit too small for a nice macro lens.
    The 100mm f2.8 L is a great one, however is over your budget.
    There is a version non L of the same lens from Canon with no IS.
    For €250 might find an used one.

Advertisement