Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What siro will I choose

Options
  • 05-03-2021 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I'm planning to switch to siro. My options are Vodafone sky digiweb and pure. All I need is public IP (static or dynamic) Port forwarding. Upload min 70mbps and low ping. Good international routing. Is anybody have any of this networks and can paste traceroute Wargaming.eu.
    Have u any experience with this networks and can recommend any of them.
    Regards
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Don’t have SIRO myself, OpenEir FTTH.
    I think you should steer clear from SKY if you are gamer , all EU traffic goes through UK if I am not mistaken.
    In OpenEir FTTH best routing would be with Eir / Pure ( as Pure doesn’t have any servers on it is own , all routing done by Eir) , then Digiweb , then Vodafone and Sky last .
    Vodafone and Sky also have very congested network in some busy areas in peak time .
    Siro could be quite different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 v1ncent

alec76 wrote: »
    I think you should steer clear from SKY if you are gamer , all EU traffic goes through UK if I am not mistaken.
    In OpenEir FTTH best routing would be with Eir / Pure ( as Pure doesn’t have any servers on it is own , all routing done by Eir) , then Digiweb , then Vodafone and Sky last .
    Vodafone and Sky also have very congested network in some busy areas in peak time .

Thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

alec76 wrote: »

Siro should not suffer those issues, no copper.

I can't wait till it's in the area so can get off the sh1t old phone line, virgin is mad money and dropped a lot.

Advertisement