Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Public Sector - Salary Scale

• 05-03-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5 Summer_angel

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction please.

I am currently a Grade IV Clerical Officer in an organisation in Dublin but have been offered a Grade III Clerical Officer in another public sector organisation nearer home. I don't mind dropping a grade but I am wondering if you can you bring across a similar salary as I am point 5 on the Grade IV scale and can not afford to drop down to the start of the Grade III salary scale.

I realise there is a circular issued in 2019 about this but it only states if you are moving up a grade/promotion it does not say if you decide to drop down?

Please Help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ McSween

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction please.

I am currently a Grade IV Clerical Officer in an organisation in Dublin but have been offered a Grade III Clerical Officer in another public sector organisation nearer home. I don't mind dropping a grade but I am wondering if you can you bring across a similar salary as I am point 5 on the Grade IV scale and can not afford to drop down to the start of the Grade III salary scale.

I realise there is a circular issued in 2019 about this but it only states if you are moving up a grade/promotion it does not say if you decide to drop down?

Please Help!!

I have a similar question but in reverse. My grade 3 salary is under a grade 4 salary but only by anout a thousand. Would I start at beginning of grade 4 salary or does my previous service push me beyond d the start of grade 4 scale? Sorry to hijack btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Summer_angel

McSween wrote: »
    I have a similar question but in reverse. My grade 3 salary is under a grade 4 salary but only by anout a thousand. Would I start at beginning of grade 4 salary or does my previous service push me beyond d the start of grade 4 scale? Sorry to hijack btw

Yes, if you are moving up a grade from a 3 to a 4 your current salary will be taken into account and I think it will be also plus 1 point on the scale. Circular 8/2019

Advertisement