Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in self-teaching TG and DCG, don't know where to start

Options
  • 04-03-2021 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, couldn't think of where was most appropriate. I've been out of secondary school two years now but I regretted not having taken TG/DCG before that, they seemed like interesting subjects and good ways to improve my spatial reasoning. While I've got free time during lockdown, I'd like to look into self-teaching the Junior and Senior Cycle aspects of the subject.

My problem is that I don't know where to find learning resources. There's loads of stuff for CAD softwares, but little to nothing on manual (paper) drafting/technical drawing, and the fact that Ireland's names for the subjects are different to the rest of the world's makes it harder! Anyone here taught themselves the fundamentals of TG and DCG (or who can teach TG/DCG!) for an engineering course or something similar that might be able to help me with this?

Advertisement