Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from ADSL to VDSL

Options
  • 04-03-2021 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Im entering the last month of my contract with Vodafone tomorrow so will need to renew/sign up with someone else soon.

When I initially signed up last year, the area was copper only so speeds were "up to 15Mb" which in reality ranged from 4-12 depending on how the line felt that day :pac:.

Half way through last year, our estate was switched over to FTTC albeit speeds will be largely the same due to distance (15_3 on airwire)

My question is, if I resign with Vodafone or another similar provider, what works need to be done from switching from ADSL to VDSL?

Is it only external work for KN Circuit or do they need to change up anything inside the house? I'm also wondering will I keep the same router Vodafone already provided me with last year or does that change?

Last question, as Vodafone would no longer consider me a new customer, if we just sign up in my partners name next time, it would be considered a new customer right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Nothing changes inside the house, it's the exact same setup as before.

When I moved from ADSL to VDSL we were sent a new router as the old one didn't support VDSL, this might be the case for you - lookup your model of router and see what it supports.

No clue about signing up as a new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nothing changes inside the house, it's the exact same setup as before.

Not always, if the NTU is a legacy one theyll put in a new one.

KN go to the cab, patch you, then come to the house and plug in the ISPs router and confirm its ok.

If you sign up as new you'd probably need to cancel the sub first which would mean downtime.

Advertisement