Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deco speeds slower than gigabox

Options
  • 04-03-2021 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I have a deco m4 connected via ethernet to a new Vodafone gigabox. My gigabox speeds are better than I've ever had at 20 Mbps but the deco shows only 10mbps. The deco has a about 10 devices connected to it. Why would the speeds be slower? I haven't bridgedit as I'm not sure how to yet or if it makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

I don't have specific experience with the Deco system, but I'd imagine it doesn't have a dedicated backhaul radio, so you will experience a slower speed test once you are connected to any Deco unit other than the main unit.

You may even have that same slower speed at the main unit as it is sharing it's radio to mesh with the other units.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

You are probably double NAT'ing

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

degsie wrote: »
    You are probably double NAT'ing
    yep I think that was it. Changed the deco to access point mode and it's all good. Deco speeds match the gigabox now. Thanks

Advertisement