Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANYON HEADSET BEARINGS

Options
  • 04-03-2021 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

I need bearings for my 2015 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX.
    It's just the bearings I need.
    https://www.airevelobearings.com/cart/
    These are the ones. But postage and V.A.T. is makes them very expensive.
    Can anybody point me towards a cheaper alternative, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I was able to buy the bottom bearing for my Canyon on its own from E Fox's engineering before Christmas. I think I paid about 40 euro... still bloody expensive for just one bearing. They basically just bought in stock from Kinetic Bearings in the UK.

I think the full set is still 80 euro or so, including VAT.

The next frame or bike I buy will not be Canyon unless there is a change in their proprietary bearings and headsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I chatted with Canyon today. They have the complete headset unit in stock.
    90 euro.
    I'll try E. Fox. Thanks

Kinetic Bike Bearings might have them but again postage and charges could sour the deal.

EDIT: Oh I see Velo already mentioned Kinetic bb

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Alexzont

velo.2010 wrote: »
    I was able to buy the bottom bearing for my Canyon on its own from E Fox's engineering before Christmas. I think I paid about 40 euro... still bloody expensive for just one bearing. They basically just bought in stock from Kinetic Bearings in the UK.

I think the full set is still 80 euro or so, including VAT.

The next frame or bike I buy will not be Canyon unless there is a change in their proprietary bearings and headsets.

The newer models use much more available bearings. I think 2018 onwards. Was able to get a spare set for my Ultimate for about 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

I got them from the Acros website 74euro including delivery
    https://acros-components.com/en/canyon

• Advertisement

Muller_1 wrote: »
    I got them from the Acros website 74euro including delivery
    https://acros-components.com/en/canyon

Ordered, thank you.
    Edit:BTW that site is very easy to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cyclocross!

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Ordered, thank you.
    Edit:BTW that site is very easy to navigate.

Eamonnator,
    What exact size are you looking for? I had lots of messing over the last few months with Canyon headsets so have a couple of sizes lying around.

Eamonnator,
    What exact size are you looking for? I had lots of messing over the last few months with Canyon headsets so have a couple of sizes lying around.

Thanks for the offer.
    I have just ordered one.
    Mine is the A1-70
    It's a pre-emptive strike really. I have just cleaned and greased the current headset. I probably won't instal new one for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cyclocross!

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer.
    I have just ordered one.
    Mine is the A1-70
    It's a pre-emptive strike really. I have just cleaned and greased the current headset. I probably won't instal new one for a while.

I think I actually have 2 of them. 1 bought in error and 1 supplied in error. Happy to let you have one if you want to PM.

Advertisement