Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Denise Chaila wins choice music prize

• 04-03-2021 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

really good album and fair play to her

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Heard a few of her songs in recent weeks, and all very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

If thats the best album we have to offer this year things must be bad, utter rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

If thats the best album we have to offer this year things must be bad, utter rubbish.

only heard that single of hers that was on one of the clothes shop ads, was one of the single most embarrassing songs ive ever heard. rest of her music could be absolute gold but im guessing not

only heard that single of hers that was on one of the clothes shop ads, was one of the single most embarrassing songs ive ever heard. rest of her music could be absolute gold but im guessing not

If she was playing in the front garden I'd close the blinds

If she was playing in the front garden I'd close the blinds

dont say that youll get called racist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

dont say that youll get called racist

why ?

peteeeed wrote: »
    why ?

was just a joke, i do have to say i think alot of her popularity comes from her story rather than her music (from what ive heard of it anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I think it’s actually a pretty cool album

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I think it’s actually a pretty cool album

yeah its excellent , just one of a new generation of good hip hop and RnB in ireland

was just a joke, i do have to say i think alot of her popularity comes from her story rather than her music (from what ive heard of it anyway)

I wouldn't be surprised if the like of RTE and their continuous virtue signalling played a part in tripe like that winning awards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 aslanroars

never heard of her .just listened to on.spotfey god its rubbish ears are hurting.

I wouldn't be surprised if the like of RTE and their continuous virtue signalling played a part in tripe like that winning awards

really ?

really ?

Yeah really!

Yeah really!

go listen to van morrison or eric clapton , they'll have the right lyrics for ya

go listen to van morrison or eric clapton , they'll have the right lyrics for ya

Lyrics? I'm not following you sorry, also how did you know? I'm a big fan of Van, Clapton not so much. Music is subjective, that said good music generally stands the test of time and Van has been a world-wide success now for over 5 decades. I'd be floored is Challla chillla or whatever her name is, is around in 5 years time with that garbage.

Challla chillla.

thats not her name

say her name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Lyrics? I'm not following you sorry, also how did you know? I'm a big fan of Van, Clapton not so much. Music is subjective, that said good music generally stands the test of time and Van has been a world-wide success now for over 5 decades. I'd be floored is Challla chillla or whatever her name is, is around in 5 years time with that garbage.

Tell me this - does Van the man play much hip hop 'garbage' himself?

Tell me this - does Van the man play much hip hop 'garbage' himself?

No not at all he's mostly known for his jazz soul fusion. I'm old almost 50 so maybe its an age thing, I have a pretty eclectic taste in music and play a couple of instruments. I loved the Wu tang clan, cypress hill, Snoop, Dre, Tupac and a few others in my younger years. So not just a Van fan as your post implies. We are all entitled to our opinions and mine is that whatever her name is the music to me is pretentious rubbish and won't as I said stand the test of time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Fair play to her indeed. All these nay sayers doing nothing and complaining about someone doing something. Lol. Jokes.

whatever her name is the music to me is pretentious rubbish and won't as I said stand the test of time.

her name is in the title of the thread that you are posting in

• Advertisement

her name is in the title of the thread that you are posting in

Sorry I'd forgotten it, like I said not at all memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭Jeff2

She phoned Liveline because people don't pronounced her name right and plugged her song about it then onto other voices that I believe it RTE then on to the Late show.

I see no connection at all.

No not at all he's mostly known for his jazz soul fusion. I'm old almost 50 so maybe its an age thing, I have a pretty eclectic taste in music and play a couple of instruments. I loved the Wu tang clan, cypress hill, Snoop, Dre, Tupac and a few others in my younger years. So not just a Van fan as your post implies. We are all entitled to our opinions and mine is that whatever her name is the music to me is pretentious rubbish and won't as I said stand the test of time.

Her name is in the thread title and you still insist on doing a "whatever her name is" on each post.

I can see the pretentious rubbish alright, but it's not Ms.Chailas music.

Her name is in the thread title and you still insist on doing a "whatever her name is" on each post.

I can see the pretentious rubbish alright, but it's not Ms.Chailas music.

Yeah someone else already mentioned that in an earlier post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

It's not an age thing, it's an opinion thing, I'm on the other side of 45 and I saw her play in Dolan's in October, an absolute belter of a gig with a lot of very good songs.
    The 'whatever her name is' sthick is a bit sad really.

Poorside wrote: »
    It's not an age thing, it's an opinion thing

that sounds like one of her lyrics tbh

Yeah someone else already mentioned that in an earlier post

Must be something in it so, don't ya think? ericsflyingboot or whatever your name is

Must be something in it so, don't ya think? ericsflyingboot or whatever your name is

Say my name ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Gave a listen found most of her music heavily influenced if not straight up ripped from previous artists. I know alot of rap generally is but to break out shes gonna need more behind her than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

So thats who she is. She appeared with Clannad in a remake of In a Lifetime. Absolutely hate her, RIP Padraig.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4vktyQx3OQ

Advertisement